• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with a 10/22 stock question

ak0prter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2010
TX
I'm looking for a stock with a fairly long LOP for my 10/22. I currently have the houge over old stock on and it's a bit short for me to shoot comfortably. I'm 6'3" and it's a pain to shoot the thing since I'm bunched up in a ball.

No please before the bad mouthing begins, I'm not a big tapco fan and don't know much about the Blackhawk stocks. With that said I was looking into the tapco stock, but mostly because I know I can float my barrel. I have handled them before and they seem ok. Cheap, but ok.

Can anyone recommend a stock that might work better for me? I'm trying to make an informed decision since the price range in stocks can be $50-$200+. I mean how bad is the tapco anyway, or possibly an AXIOM?

Re: Need help with a 10/22 stock question

Bell & Carlson Odyssey has an adjustable length of pull. Its a bit pricey at 250 (at stockys). I have the heritage model and really like it.

Re: Need help with a 10/22 stock question

The ProMag Archangel Deluxe Target Stock has an adjustable buttpad but am not sure how long the length of pull can go.

I had a TAPCO T6 and while it worked out good and I did not have any issues with it I was just not crazy about it and replaced it with a Nordic Components AR-22 Receiver Chassis to which I added an AR-15 Buttstock, Pistol Grip and Free Float Tube. The one thing about the TAPCO T6 was it's length of pull was about 3/4" to 1" long than the Nordic Component AR-22 with a Model 1 Sales Buffer Tube and 6 Position Collapsable Buttstock or my Bushmaster AR-15 with it's 6 Position Collapsable Buttstock.

I now have that very 10/22 in an Archangel 556 Stock Kit and it is 3/4" to 1" shorter than the TAPCO T6 was.

Larry