• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with a Hornady Ap press

Broken_Reticle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
Philadelphia Tn
I just got my setup and right now I have my Rock Chucker and Partner press mounted up on a 2x6 that I clamp to my table ( See pic Below). I want to mount the Ap press beside them on a new "arm" that will come off the right hand side of the table and be bolted to the wall and have a 6x6 leg at the end for ballast when I start pulling on the handles.

I also got the case feeder for the AP and I need to know how deep that makes the press... I know right now the mounting plate is 4" deep but I was unable to stand the press up and hold the case feeder and measure all at the same time to see how much room I needed off the wall.. I can go with a 2x8 or 10 if I need too..

Thanks for the help. This is one of those measure 20 times and build once moments.

Cheers

BR

20130105_150201.jpg

If the pic is too small try this link...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5lQEBw8eerDsR0sJR6J0ZD_DSZg9owKlvHA7ezquFKY?feat=directlink

Re: Need help with a Hornady Ap press

If I understand correctly, you may not be to happy with the mount. Depending on the density and size of the "arm," the press may move under the forces of resizing.

I am mounting a piece of prob 4x4 angle iron to the block wall then bolting the arm too it then bolting it to the table and a 6x6 leg. I doubt this thing is going to move. I just need to know how wide to make the arm to have enough clearance for the case feeder as I know it sits on the back of the press....

It will move (ask me how I know
blush.gif
) ...just a matter of how much. The longer the leg, the more movement. You may want to consider a piece of I-beam or C-channel as they are more rigid.

I don't have a casefeed on my Hornady, but I imagine 650 dimensions are close. About to step out, but if you don't have an answer soon, I'll measure when I get back.

From the front of the table to the back of the case feed hopper is about 11 inches.