• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help with a hunting scope.

Tugboater

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2014
Out in the brush eastern wa.
I’m curious about your opinions for a hunting scope. I’ve owned S@B 5-25x56 PMII and the Khales 6-24i.
I’m thinking of an ultra short for a dedicated hunting rig. I’m so used to these scopes that I want to get ether a S@B or a Khales in the ultra short. Just not sure which one is better. I’ve had the skmr2 and the H59 reticals. Loved them both.

im no longer in the PRS game and just looking for a bad ass hunting scope.

any thoughts would be much appreciated!

thanks Bob

The 3-20US with MSR us about as good as it gets for hunting. While it's not really an "ultra short" its probably one of the best for FOV on the low end, and still being able to use the reticle. The ATACR 4-16 mil R is excellent for hunting. The ZP5 3-15 is also top notch. And then throw in the ZCO in the mix too. But the MPCT reticle for me was not as easy to use as the MSR, MR2 or 5 or the Mil-R in a hunting situation. The bushy 3-18 LRHSi is no slouch for a dedicated hunting scope at 1/3 the cost also.

The 3-20US with MSR us about as good as it gets for hunting. While it's not really an "ultra short" its probably one of the best for FOV on the low end, and still being able to use the reticle. The ATACR 4-16 mil R is excellent for hunting. The ZP5 3-15 is also top notch. And then throw in the ZCO in the mix too. But the MPCT reticle for me was not as easy to use as the MSR, MR2 or 5 or the Mil-R in a hunting situation. The bushy 3-18 LRHSi is no slouch for a dedicated hunting scope at 1/3 the cost also.
this.

Here is a pics of a few scopes..

Attachments

• IMG_20190618_143128.jpg
    IMG_20190618_143128.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 61
Thank you for the input. Are you not so much of a fan on S@B?

As stated above I am a huge fan of the 3-20US .

You would not be disappointed in the optic. With them offering a wide variety of reticles I would think you would be able to find one you liked. I personally like the MSR for hunting in the S&Bs. The MR2 on the ZP5 is probably my favorite for hunting overall. It's just easy to use even on 3x if you had a shot in the thick timber.

Plenty of good info scopes for hunting. Abd I'm just one guy with his opinion. I'm sure others will chime in on what works for them.

I run the NF atacr 4-16 mil-r on my hunting rig. Very, very happy with it. Just really hard to beat for size, weight, glass, durability, and reticle for a hunting rig. The only thing I would consider upgrading to would be the TT 3-15. I have shot behind one a number of times and the TT is awesome, but pricey.

Side note: i run a SB 5-25 (h2cmr) on my range gun and love it. Big SB fan, but nothing in SB line-up would make me swap our my atacr on the hunting rifle.

Just a thought.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I also ran the TT315P for a bit. While it's awesome, I just couldn't justify that glass on the gun it was on. Would love to try out the 315M but haven't had a chance to.

Is the S&B 3-20 US glass as good as Swaroski rifle scope Z6 in low light? I have a Z-6 and thinking of upgrading? Thanks,