• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with a marlin

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
I gave my son a Marlin 795 (maybe 797?) that I'd hardly ever shot. It's the one with the bull barrel and black tupperware stock. Anyhow he called me yesterday as he was up in the desert out in Cali shooting with a buddy and he said it would chamber a round and go to battery but would not fire even with the safety positively off. He said the trigger just would not pull. It's definitely not a mag problem so what ya'll think? firing pin issue, trigger sear, something else? I did a bit of googling and couldn't really find much.

Is he get a light firing pin strike? It can be common especially with people trying to lighten trigger pull

Is he get a light firing pin strike? It can be common especially with people trying to lighten trigger pull
I asked him that as well first off. No strike at all, like I said the trigger just doesn't pull, it's like the safety is still on.