• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need Help with a Redfield scope value

bowtie4x4295

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2007
Prattville, ALABAMA
My friend just purchased a new scope for his rifle and is wanting to sell the used one. It is a Redfield 6-20x50 with AO in silver. It will be strictly for hunting. I looked through it and was amazed at the clarity and brightness. It is one of the made in Japan models, not putting made in Japan down just clarifying. Has the R on the side with the red reticle. I have read these are good one but do not know for sure. The asking price is 200.00. I want to give him what it is actually worth but do not want to pay more than its worth. Opine if you would.

I have MK4 and NF, so I know its not equal.

Mike

Re: Need Help with a Redfield scope value

bowtie,
That's not a bad price for a Redfield of that power range. One suggestion would be to look on Ebay. There are alot Redfield scopes listed on there. I just got a NIB USA (old new stock)made 6-24X50 Varmint scope from there and gave more than that. Does his have the target knobs? I still don't think you would be hurt at $200.00.
Here's a link to one on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/REDFIELD-VARMINT-6-2...=item3cb2854182

Re: Need Help with a Redfield scope value

Well I dont think there would be any warranty support for a "Made in Japan" Redfield. It does work fine, like I said glass is absolutely beautiful. It does have the same logo as the one on ebay though. Might be nice on the old 264 Win Mag though.

Mike