• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need help with an Elftmann trigger.

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Good evening Gents,
    Need some trigger advice. Build an AR-22 (Tippmann) and decided to install an Elftmann match trigger (no knob) in it. LOVE this trigger. Fantasic reset and very little pre or over travel. Flash forward about 4000 rounds and all the sudden it got stiff and gritty. I figured it was suffering from the curse of a suppressed .22 that is lots of crud in that general vicinity so bath time! Scrubbed the gun and pulled the trigger. As Elftmann says it is disassembleable I pulled the barrels that the bearings ride on, and scrubbed the hammer, the trigger bar, and the cassette followed buy a rinse with gun scrubber. Re-assembled (NO oil per Elftmann) and installed and that is when the trouble started. Tried to run the gun and no re-set. I read where having the 2 grub screws that engage with the lower not snugged enough and/or having the pull weight adjustment to low can cause a dead trigger so I revisted those settings. No improvement. Started fiddling and noticed the trigger shoe can move from side to side a good bit and I don't remember that from the inital install. Anyways... Discoved that the dead trigger is hit or miss. Sometimes it resets, sometime just waitng tiny moment will let it reset on its own, sometimes a tap on the side of the trigger shoe forces a reset. Troblesome to say the least and I wanted to ask what y'all think "I" might have screwed up. This is not an Elftmann bash as I am sure they will make it right and I do have a service request in with them. I'm just curious what I might have done wrong so I don't do it again. Thank you in advance.

-Chris

buy a real trigger. look at geissele and trigger tech. that should solve your problems.

It could be a whole plethora of things unfortunately like you moved grit somewhere else, those two screws aren't perfectly level, etc. I've had my Elftmann in my 3gun rifle since 2018 and many thousands of rounds without a single issue but then again, it's not a dirty suppressed 22. I do remember that it was a big finicky to get it perfectly seated though. I'd wait to see what they say as it's just too up in the air.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    It could be a whole plethora of things unfortunately like you moved grit somewhere else, those two screws aren't perfectly level, etc. I've had my Elftmann in my 3gun rifle since 2018 and many thousands of rounds without a single issue but then again, it's not a dirty suppressed 22. I do remember that it was a big finicky to get it perfectly seated though. I'd wait to see what they say as it's just too up in the air.
    So Elftmann thinks the spring that controls trigger weight gave up the ghost. They are sending me 5 of the stock springs and 5 of the "heavy" springs as well as some of the little aluminum discs that go between the set screw and the spring. Very nice people to deal with. I did buy another trigger just in case...

So Elftmann thinks the spring that controls trigger weight gave up the ghost. They are sending me 5 of the stock springs and 5 of the "heavy" springs as well as some of the little aluminum discs that go between the set screw and the spring. Very nice people to deal with. I did buy another trigger just in case...
    Is it ok now?

Reactions: nikonNUT