• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with Chargemaster 1500 scale not working

Hawk Gunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2007
Mobile, AL
I bought a Chargemaster 1500 a while back (6-7 months) from Midway. I finally opened it yesterday, put it together and plugged it in and went to calibrate it. The scale is not registering any weight. It shows 0.00 and stable, link are lit on bottom of screen, but doesnt change when weight is applied . There is a small -0- showing in the top left corner. Is there set up step i missed? Has anyone had this happen before? I've read through the manual that came with it but dont see anything that I missed in set up. RCBS customer service isnt open until Monday so I wanted to check to see if yall had any suggestions until then.

Thanks!

Plug it up.....leave it plugged in for atleast 30 min. Remove the pan. Hit the "cal" button. It should go to "0" and stable. Hit cal again and apply the 50 weight when it says. Wait for stable. Hit cal again. Apply the other 50 weight when it says (100 total). Wit for stable. Remove both weights. Put the pan on and let it settle. Then hit the "zero" button. It should now be ready to go. If this does not work......it's prolly going to have to go to service.

Yep, thats what i tried. It says 0.00 regardless of weight put on the scale. Guess it's going back after i call them monday.
Thanks for the help though.