• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Help with Feed Issues

The Average Shooter

The Average Shooter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
So I just put together my first bolt gun and am having troubles with feed issues like the round gets caught either on the feed ramp or the barrel.

Parts list:
Chassis- MDT ACC
Magazine- MDT short action magazine 308/6.5CM
Action- Ultimatum Deadline
Barrel- Columbia River Arms: Savage Prefit for 6.5CM

So I used a Go and No Go Gage to seat the barrel with the Go fitting a bit snug and No Go not closing. I used a torque wrench to tighten it to 50ft/lbs with blue Loctite. Also the magazine has some wobble to it. So I’m not sure exactly where the issue is coming from. I’ll try to post pictures of the issue soon (when I go to the range this weekend again) as I didn’t have my phone on me when it happened.

So I just put together my first bolt gun and am having troubles with feed issues like the round gets caught either on the feed ramp or the barrel.

Parts list:
Chassis- MDT ACC
Magazine- MDT short action magazine 308/6.5CM
Action- Ultimatum Deadline
Barrel- Columbia River Arms: Savage Prefit for 6.5CM

So I used a Go and No Go Gage to seat the barrel with the Go fitting a bit snug and No Go not closing. I used a torque wrench to tighten it to 50ft/lbs with blue Loctite. Also the magazine has some wobble to it. So I’m not sure exactly where the issue is coming from. I’ll try to post pictures of the issue soon (when I go to the range this weekend again) as I didn’t have my phone on me when it happened.
Id contact MDT the chassis and Mag manufacturer.

-Reagan

It didn’t look like the tip of the bullet was getting hung up but it looked like the brass to bullet or shoulder was. But I’ll get pictures this weekend.