• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with feeding problem

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
GA
Hey guys, I've got a rifle that is only a few months old with like 300rds through it. It has a trued rem 700 action and is silky smooth. I have a Badger dbm.

The first round will usually feed ok. When I run the bolt on the second round it seems to get caught. The round appears to be half way it the mag and half in the chamber. I have to pull back on the bolt a little for it to release from the mag then I can chamber it. This happens on rounds 2-4.

Do you guys think its a problem with the mag ?

Re: Need help with feeding problem

My 700 feed like hell and I replaced the follower/springs/etc, bent metal, everything anyone here suggested and it never feed reliably until I sent Badger my stock and they put in their DBM bottom metal. Runs like a champ now. My guess is either a bad mag or the bottom metal may not be installed correctly. Hard to say but obviously you want to start with the mag. Can you borrow a AI mag and test it? If Badger is installed correctly you may need to adjust the feed lips of your mag.

Good luck. Hope it's a simple fix.

Re: Need help with feeding problem

I had a similar problem with a different setup. Essentially the bolt wasnt traveling back fully (operator and setup issue) and would catch on the base instead of all the way back on the rim. The round would move forward and cam upwards between the magazine and the chamber and would not fully feed. Moving the bolt back after this ocurred would usually pop the round out and it would feed. It may not be your issue but could be something to check.

-Mark