• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need help with firearms appraising...

Team_SasQuatch

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2001
Val Verde County, Del Rio Tx.
Hey guys, gals, been away for a long time.... Im reachin out to fellow Hide members to find someone to help appraise some older firearms, all weapons are in near perfect to perfect shape, This is an assorted lot to include WW2 Luger 9mm, P38's, M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, some very interesting 1911's, and a truckload of hunting rifles from Rem and Win bolt guns, to Semi's and Lever guns....

Any help is greatly appreciated, please PM me if you feel you can help....

Bruce

Re: Need help with firearms appraising...

Wish I could help, but I don't have a copy of "Blue Book". The only info I have, is on a bit of Luger research I'd done some years ago.

Not much at all, but there's many here who'll shine. Good to see you again, and luck to you.

Blue book isn't much good if you're selling them in this economy.
If you're just getting appraisals for insurance, it's fine.

Look on gunbroker and get a feel for what they're actually bringing.
I'm looking at gunbroker every day for steals and deals.

Hey Bruce come by and see me I can help with the military weapons. Or call the shop.

1. You can register on GunsAmerica or GunBroker, for example on GunsAmerica just create your "wish-list" of the makes/models you have and you'll find what the general "asking prices" are. Only problem is it takes a while to get hits for all conditions (fair, good, "98%" etc. ) 2. Half-Priced Books has some 2-3 year old "Shooter's Bible", " "Blue Book of Gun Values", or "Gun-Trader's Guide". Yes, they are a little old, but they are half priced. 3. Make a list of all guns (you should have one anyway in a secured placed with all serial numbers in case of burglary/theft) and take list to a Borders or whatever your favorite book store is, get a cup of Joe and hang out reading newer editions of the books above.