• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with LC Match brass

Flint62a1

Private
Minuteman
I have a bunch of once fired LCMatch brass, once fired in my rifle I should add. I was going to resize it earlier, and was having one hell of a time! I use a full length die set to bump the shoulder back a couple thou. I lubed the cases as usual and the die, I use Hornady spray lube for everything.
For the life of me I could not get those cases in the dies. I stopped for fear of getting a case stuck in the dies. Don''t want to deal with that nightmare...
I realize that LC is thicker than other cases but why would this be so difficult?
Thanks for any help guys,
Kevin

Maybe try a different lube. I like Hornady Unique case lube. Super cheap and lasts a very long time.

I would recommend trying Unique or Imperial resizing case lube. If this was shot in a M1A, AR10 or M1 the cases my be some larger than typical for the die.

I resize regular LC and abandoned using One Shot spray to avoid the issue you described.

Use a different lube. If you have some synthetic motor oil in the heavier viscosity, try some of that. Put a little on your finger and coat the case evenly. Be careful not to use too much or you will get some shoulder dents.

There's been more fuck ups using Hornady One Shot than any other case lube. Mostly caused by user error.

Hornandy one shot is useful but requires care.
Spray it like you stole it and let it FULLY dry.
I still like it for 223

For my bigger cases or tough chores imperial is the best I’ve found.

Here's the other thread:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/has-anyone-added-weight-to-their-bravo.6902409/

I used the lead decoy weight method mentioned by @southerngolfer and managed to add just under 1 1/2 lbs to my Bravo.

Yeah, it's up soon on the design docket. For the 2nd time. With our new machine we can do some nice geometries. I'll make a single shot sled as well.

Hornandy one shot is useful but requires care. Spray it like you stole it and let it FULLY dry.
this^
one shot or Dillon lube. Both need to be fully dry. Don’t get impatient it takes longer to dry with liberal usage.

I have a bunch of once fired LCMatch brass, once fired in my rifle I should add. I was going to resize it earlier, and was having one hell of a time! I use a full length die set to bump the shoulder back a couple thou. I lubed the cases as usual and the die, I use Hornady spray lube for everything.
For the life of me I could not get those cases in the dies. I stopped for fear of getting a case stuck in the dies. Don''t want to deal with that nightmare...
I realize that LC is thicker than other cases but why would this be so difficult?
Thanks for any help guys,
Kevin
What were your measurements of the fired brass vs whatever it was you could get out of a die?

Like others have said, soak em, inside thenecks too, but then let all that liquid dry off so youre left with only the fine lube. If there is other moisture it will feel like its locking up on you.

I do a lot of surplus LC brass that probably was fired through some machine-gun. Royal sharpshooter lube is the best spray that I've tried.
782240.jpg