• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Need help with my M&P 40 pro. please

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
I've ordered an M&P 40 pro and I'm also ordering this set up for a 9mm conversion and compensator. Will this setup work? My only concern is that the stormlake barrels say "for silencers only".
But the comp has the same thread pattern and they even offer stormlake barrels for the carvr setup. Check around on that site Im not sute exactly where it was. sorry.

*9mm Barrel conversion - http://www.storm-lake.com/products/barrel/builder/SF#top I guess it wont save my setup in the link. I build the m&p 40 9mm conversion barrel, extended, with 1/2x28 threaded.

*9mm 1/2x28tpi threaded comp - http://bb-enterprise.biz/item179872.ctlg

Re: Need help with my M&P 40 pro. please

Well, you might call them as there could be two concerns:

The timing might not be correct on the threaded barrel, resulting in the ports of the comp being in the wrong position pushing the muzzle in the wrong direction during recoil.

The overall barrel length could be too long, resulting in a gap of undersireable length between the slide and the comp (just might not look pretty?)

Five minutes on the phone might save you some trouble. Just a thought.

Re: Need help with my M&P 40 pro. please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EXTREMEPREJUDICE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you might call them as there could be two concerns:

The timing might not be correct on the threaded barrel, resulting in the ports of the comp being in the wrong position pushing the muzzle in the wrong direction during recoil.

The overall barrel length could be too long, resulting in a gap of undersireable lenght between the slide and the comp (just might not look pretty?)

Five minutes on the phone might save you some trouble. Just a thought. </div></div>

very good idea. I'm def going to do that.
smile.gif
thanks