• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with new thread, Cop did something good

DODGE268

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2004
Jackson Ms
Don't really have time today to do this but I know some of you guys do. I would like to start a thread dedicated to finding stories about cops that did something good. There seems to be a "let's slam cops" thing going on around here lately. It wasn't like this when I first joined and it's beginning to piss me off. It's easy to find video of a cop doing something that appears to be bad. Let's see if we can put up something positive to counter this.
Thanks in adavance,
Patrick

Re: Need help with new thread, Cop did something good

Here's one from a guy I work with.....
Patrol Officer First Class Jamie Brooks was also recognized at the meeting for rescuing a woman from a car that was sinking in a creek.

Police Chief Gene Waldrop said the local resident's car went off the interstate into the creek behind Wal-mart in February. Brooks, who was off duty, saw the accident and went into the water to save her.

"Her car was going under. It was halfway down when he got her out and carried her out of the creek," Waldrop said.

"He went beyond the call of duty," Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler said of Brooks
here is the link to the whole story, as usual it's at the end of a bunch of other crap....
http://www.mcherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110428/BUSINESS/104280304/-1/getpublished05

I personally slept soundly last night because I knew that if it wasn't for Law Enforcement my truck, truck camper, boats, all the contents of my garage and my car would be gone by this morning. All the thieves and shitbrains who can't be bothered to work would be out in force.

The last time someone broke into my garage no less than eight cops were there within four minutes to arrest the punk that I was holding facedown on the ground in a arm-lock.

This is a dumb thread. Cops do millions of good things every single day and 99.999% of cops are good guys/gals but you will always be able to find that .001% to exploit. I don't understand why you guys think the Hide has became anti-cop. I doubt you could find one person on here who is 100% anti-all-cops rather people are simply commenting on that .001% of bad cops and corrupt practices of dept.s which you guys are taking out of context as if it's a bash on all cops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a dumb thread. Cops do millions of good things every single day and 99.999% of cops are good guys/gals but you will always be able to find that .001% to exploit. I don't understand why you guys think the Hide has became anti-cop. I doubt you could find one person on here who is 100% anti-all-cops rather people are simply commenting on that .001% of bad cops and corrupt practices of dept.s which you guys are taking out of context as if it's a bash on all cops.

My pro-cop story: Growing up in Albuquerque and being white all I can say is that cops have saved my ass more than times than you can count. </div></div>

This place has definitely turned anti-cop in the last 2-3 years. People see a video of an incident and automatically start with the cops are nazis, corrupt, sheep, donut eating fat pieces of shit, typical government workers just collecting a paycheck, and everything else. I'd live to go where some of the cop bashers work and tell them how to do their jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a dumb thread. Cops do millions of good things every single day and 99.999% of cops are good guys/gals but you will always be able to find that .001% to exploit. I don't understand why you guys think the Hide has became anti-cop. I doubt you could find one person on here who is 100% anti-all-cops rather people are simply commenting on that .001% of bad cops and corrupt practices of dept.s which you guys are taking out of context as if it's a bash on all cops. </div></div>

I completely agree.

But its human nature to blast the cops in a situation like the video in the other thread.I know for a fact that if there was a absence of LE, say for example a strike(work stoppage)criminals would be running wild in a day or so. Look at the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

In a case like that you damn well better have a gun and be at the front door of your home, the back door of your home, the front door of your garage, the front door of your business-24 hours a day.

I tell older people and acquaintances all the time the first speed dial number on your cell phone should be the cops.There was another thread not long ago about another fight between some women in a McDonalds. The video showed everyone standing by and doing nothing but watch another woman getting beat up. That is human nature as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a dumb thread. Cops do millions of good things every single day and 99.999% of cops are good guys/gals but you will always be able to find that .001% to exploit. I don't understand why you guys think the Hide has became anti-cop. I doubt you could find one person on here who is 100% anti-all-cops rather people are simply commenting on that .001% of bad cops and corrupt practices of dept.s which you guys are taking out of context as if it's a bash on all cops.

My pro-cop story: Growing up in Albuquerque and being white all I can say is that cops have saved my ass more than times than you can count. </div></div>

This place has definitely turned anti-cop in the last 2-3 years. People see a video of an incident and automatically start with the cops are nazis, corrupt, sheep, donut eating fat pieces of shit, typical government workers just collecting a paycheck, and everything else. I'd live to go where some of the cop bashers work and tell them how to do their jobs. </div></div>

Well, to be fair maybe I don't see it because I'm decidedly pro-cop but if there are people on here that are like that I would think that they are in the vast minority and like in my example above are probably in the very small .001% of non-cops that feel that way about cops.

There have definitely been some very heated LE related threads here over the years. I don't mind one every now and then, there is rarely a time when someone can't drum up something to post where a cop did something stupid or blatantly wrong.

That said, the Hide is extremely mild when it comes to LE related topics when compared to many/most of the other firearm related forums out there.

LOL, now your feelings are hurt? Need your blankie & binkie?

Man up bro, the thread about the cop punching the chick centered on one guy's actions. No one was saying all cops were bad, or anything offensive against any other officers in general at all.

You wear a badge and like it or not you're accepting the responsibility to serve & protect, not do whatever the fuck you feel like. You want to come to my job & critique me, get in line buddy because when I execute my primary job I get evaluated every time - if you can't hang you need to go put on the skirt too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">It wasn't like this when I first joined and it's beginning to piss me off.
Thanks in adavance,
Patrick</span></div></div>

Well, bless your wittle hawt. No one is saying all cops are bad so try not to be such a big ole pussy!

truth-in-advertizing-funny-cop-car-demotivational-poster-1274625353.jpg

funnycop.gif

Re: Need help with new thread, Cop did something g

Hey higbinder, found your first contestant. Toposniper. Guessing he does some survey work. Wow on top of my other job, I get to do his too. Doing reconstuction work, I use the same equipment he does. Instead of adding anything to the thread he tells me to get my binkie and a skirt.
Patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPO-sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, now your feelings are hurt? Need your blankie & binkie?

Man up bro, the thread about the cop punching the chick centered on one guy's actions. No one was saying all cops were bad, or anything offensive against any other officers in general at all.

You wear a badge and like it or not you're accepting the responsibility to serve & protect, not do whatever the fuck you feel like. You want to come to my job & critique me, get in line buddy because when I execute my primary job I get evaluated every time - if you can't hang you need to go put on the skirt too. </div></div>

It is one thing to get bashed by a bunch of cop hating liberal pieces of shit. It is different getting bashed by people who I always thought were on our side and showed support. I'm a regular citizen, cop, shooter, and prior military. I always treat others with respect and give people the benefit of the doubt. I never thought it was too much go ask for the same thing in return. When I was in the military, I was told, "believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.". I thought that was so stupid. Turns out they were right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The last time someone broke into my garage no less than eight cops were there within four minutes to arrest the punk that I was holding facedown on the ground in a arm-lock. </div></div>

So it really wasn't the cops who stopped the robbery, was it?
whistle.gif

I bought a gallon of milk and it was sour.

I threw it out.

That proves I hate cows and am ignorant.
crazy.gif

There is good and bad in every profession, race, religion, etc.
There are good and bad Fire/EMS personnel. I think part of the reason LE gets hammered when they do screw up is because they are held to a higher standard. They are supposed to be the ones to uphold the laws and be the better person. So when one has a human moment he get's hammered. We need to remember that LE are simply human and do make mistakes.

I think the cop that hit the chick in the video screwed up and that level of escalation was not necessary. Do I think he's a bad cop? I don't know. You would have to look at his record and see if he has a history of incidents. This may have been the "straw that broke the camel's back" that day. Had he simply tased her I would say he was fully in his right but he shouldn't have hit her like he did. That's my opinion, but remember I'm not saying he is a POS officer!

I have said for years that every cop is corrupt to some level. This isn't bashing any LE it is simply a fact and illustration that they too are human. I don't know any LE that hasn't failed to make a stop or write a citation to a friend, family member, political person, or another officer. Failing to do so is a form of corruption, albeit a minor one it still fals into the category of corruption.

I work with LE in the course of my job on almost a daily basis and have several that are good friends and my best friend is a sergeant for the SO here. I have nothing but respect for LE and the job they do. My respect can be lost for them if they screw up bad enough just as it can for anyone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have said for years that every cop is corrupt to some level. This isn't bashing any LE it is simply a fact and illustration that they too are human. I don't know any LE that hasn't failed to make a stop or write a citation to a friend, family member, political person, or another officer. Failing to do so is a form of corruption, albeit a minor one it still fals into the category of corruption.</div></div>

I guess I'm very corrupt because I let a lot of people go without giving them tickets. 99% of them are people I don't know. I always thought it was called something like...discretion or something. You have to excuse me, English is technically my 3rd language, but I'm learning new things everyday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wasn't like this when I first joined and it's beginning to piss me off</div></div>

So you wanna have a circle jerk and make all the cops feel good? Want a hug? Want some positive words of encouragement? Go to a preschool.

A cops job is hard, it is unforgiving and it is necessary. I am thankful for cops and feel that most do a good job. However, being a cop is very high vis business to be in. It is necessary to point out the bad so that every cop out there keeps his nose clean. Its easy to get slack. Being a cop is a thankless job and its easy to get a "fuck them all", attitude. If you live your life like you are always on camera then you can do no wrong.

I am thankful for cops but at the same time my taxes help pay their salaries. Being a cop is 100 percent voluntary. No one made them do it. So yea, when cops do bad shit someone is gonna call them out on it.

I am thankful for cops but at the same time my taxes help pay their salaries.

I hear this from time to time and its dumb as hell. Cops pay taxes too. Its not like they are exempt.

And Dodge, I am guessing this is not the thread you had in mind. Sorry the anti's spoiled it. Almost every cop thread I have seen around here turns into a pissing match. Which is why I dont comment on them much. I just couldn't resist this one.

There is a big difference between bashing and giving one's opinion. We still have freedom of speech (to matters outside Sniper's Hide realm of influence), my opinion of a specific instance falls under that. You were in the military so you also understand ROE, a big dude getting harrased by unarmed chicks in a frickin IHOP, and, IMHO that douche exceeded the level of force required. If he could not handle the ladies he had a frickin radio, call backup. He could have just sat on them until help arrived, end of problem. Even that is obviously open for debate because none of us were there, but as a conservative-gun owning-former military-law enforcement/military charity supporter piece of shit, some of the comments from members here highlighting their lack of character is disturbing.If it's just easier to punch the bitch, that would be in the back of my mind every time my wife or daughter leaves the house.Not acceptable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is one thing to get bashed by a bunch of cop hating liberal pieces of shit. It is different getting bashed by people who I always thought were on our side and showed support. I'm a regular citizen, cop, shooter, and prior military. I always treat others with respect and give people the benefit of the doubt. I never thought it was too much go ask for the same thing in return. When I was in the military, I was told, "believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.". I thought that was so stupid. Turns out they were right. </div></div>

It's interesting that you keep saying that you are not cop bashing when you follow it with....
do not, nor have I ever "cop bashed". Jumbo in the video apparently did not have the skillset to subdue a woman much smaller then he was. Fail. Because of this lack of ability he had to resort to excessive force. Fail. Subduing and arresting suspects are squarely within his job title, if he cannot do it professionally and execute it with the proper force, he does not meet minimum requirements for that position. Thats how real jobs work everywhere. Does it state in your ROE to punch chicks if you're too inept to subdue them?

He wasn't being shot at. It wasn't a riot. It was little drunk chicks in dresses at an IHOP, not 200# biker chicks with chains.

Do we need to start building the ovens now? With this mindset SOMEONE will "deserve" that too pretty soon.
You start off with "jumbo" and finish with suggesting that I would like to "fire up the ovens". Those are some pretty strong words. I have never said that all cops are good. What I am saying is that none of that ever makes the news because it wont sell. I don't want a hug, I don't need my binkie, I know my job is voluntary and I can't think of anything else I'd rather do. All I'm asking for is for people to think a little bit before throwing someone under the bus.
Patrick
And BTW my taxes go to pay my salary as well....

Moved post to other thread...

I must have typed responses to at least 10 of these various posts and then deleted them. There is just no convincing some that the things Cops do that look bad on YouTube are often within policy. It's a pointless argument and is often void of any intelligence when discussed on an internet forum. It's loose loose. No amount of "good cop posts" will change any of this.

I call for all LEO to stay out of the conversation on the next questionable cop video posted on this site. Let all the civilian policy experts who are trained in force continuum duke it out. They know best, perhaps LE can learn from them.

This is a nice little community and these types of posts are dividing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must have typed responses to at least 10 of these various posts and then deleted them. There is just no convincing some that the things Cops do that look bad on YouTube are often within policy. It's a pointless argument and is often void of any intelligence when discussed on an internet forum. It's loose loose. No amount of "good cop posts" will change any of this.

I call for all LEO to stay out of the conversation on the next questionable cop video posted on this site. Let all the civilian policy experts who are trained in force continuum duke it out. They know best, perhaps LE can learn from them.

This is a nice little community and these types of posts are dividing it. </div></div>

I think it would be better if Lowlight just banned cop bashing threads like he banned political threads. That would put an end to the bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last time someone broke into my garage no less than eight cops were there within four minutes to arrest the punk <span style="font-weight: bold">that I was holding facedown on the ground in a arm-loc</span>k. </div></div>

Best line I've read all day.

Win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think it would be better if Lowlight just banned cop bashing threads like he banned political threads. That would put an end to the bullshit. </div></div>

Or we could all act like adults and have a conversation... Remember, nobody has the right not to be offended. Objectively attacking or defending a position/idea doesn't equal 'bashing'. Banning conversations is a slippery slope, what's next, should LL ban all Counter Sniper bashing threads? Now that would be tragic..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think it would be better if Lowlight just banned cop bashing threads like he banned political threads. That would put an end to the bullshit. </div></div>

Or we could all act like adults and have a conversation...</div></div>

Better chance of me regrowing hair than that happening.

Let them bash all they want. It shows their true colors and you get to see who your enemy is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a dumb thread. Cops do millions of good things every single day and 99.999% of cops are good guys/gals but you will always be able to find that .001% to exploit. I don't understand why you guys think the Hide has became anti-cop. I doubt you could find one person on here who is 100% anti-all-cops rather people are simply commenting on that .001% of bad cops and corrupt practices of dept.s which you guys are taking out of context as if it's a bash on all cops.

This place has definitely turned anti-cop in the last 2-3 years. People see a video of an incident and automatically start with the cops are nazis, corrupt, sheep, donut eating fat pieces of shit, typical government workers just collecting a paycheck, and everything else. I'd live to go where some of the cop bashers work and tell them how to do their jobs. </div></div>

I think some people just want to complain. Cops are easy targets, and the complainers are anonymous here. They also complain about Obama, taxes, big government, all easy targets. Of course, if they needed help in real life, they would never acknowledge their verbal abuses.

I find complainers to be lazy self centered, never the type who would risk their life to help a stranger. Basically, by complaining, they are covering up their inadequacies.