• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with replacing Rock River Arms LAR308 gas tube

7magsavage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2012
I was going to replace the factory gas block on my RRA LAR308 with a Superlative Arms adjustable block so I can shoot suppressed.
I have the new block on the factory gas tube but I cannot get the gas tube slid up in the correct spot on the receiver. It needs to go up about an 1/8 inch to get in the hole, but I can't get it in there. Removing the hand guard is a no-go since the damn thing screws on. Any ideas as to how to get this aggravating bastard in there?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Can you put something in through the rear to help guide it? Like a bamboo skewer or something similar you can get into the gas tube hole.

I’ve tried a slight bend and also tried a long skinny screwdriver but neither worked.
Getting ready to work at it again.
Would be so simple of the damn hand guard slid of and didn’t screw off.

Yes it is.

I got it in yesterday.
I used a thin and stiff but malleable rod and slid it through the vent holes in the hand guard and pried the end up into the receiver.
It didn’t take much once I got something with the right stiffness. But it was an unnecessary pain in the ass.