• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need help with scope rings

bcearley

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2014
I am trying to do a little 1000 yard shooting i have a Remington AAC-SD. I started with a B&C medalist A2, a Timney trigger, Harris Bipod, VORTEX PST 6-24x50, and a AAC blackout muzzle brake for my AAC-SDN-6.

My main problem is what scope mount and rings? From what i have read i will need at least a 20 MOA rail to get out to 1000 yard. I have been looking at Talley 20 MOA base. does anyone have any experience with them or a better suggestion. But the big question is what height rings i don't want to go to short and it not fit but i also want to keep the scope as low as possible.

planing on shooting 175 SMK's

I went with an EGW HD 20 moa rail and some vortex precision rings in medium height for my Viper. With the medium rings I probably have close to a quarter inch of space between the barrel and the bell of the 50mm scope. I probably could've gone with the low rings but it would be a close call.

I had your setup. .308 Remington 700 AAC-SD with blackout brake, timney trigger, but it had the AIAC 1.5 stock. Shot very well.

I used Nightforce medium height titanium ultra light rings with a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NXS. I LOVED them. They rocked. The only complaint was with the AICS cheek pad, you couldn't raise it with the ring height. Not sure about the B&C stock though. If it doesn't have a cheek pad, then medium height will work great. Loved the NF rings. They make a quality product they do.

If you want to maximize your "up", get a 20moa rail and then burris sig zee rings. Mess with your ring width and +10 and 0 inserts to get your zero right at the bottom of your scopes travel.

I also have a aac sd in a 1.5 aics and I used a 20 moa seekins base with some medium vortex seekins rings and I had to adjust my cheek piece just a tad up. With your stock see if you can get the base first than measure where your rings will be. The mediums work great but only because I can adjust my cheek piece up. Even of you go too high you could invest in a triad cheek piece or something to get a good solid cheek rest. My buddy has one and it's quite comfortable. I only went up a small amount in order to get a perfect cheek weld