• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing need help with stock!!!!!

o1sick7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2009
utah
hello. i just bought a new s&w ibolt 30-06. and the sling swivles are tucked in to the stock. so this posses a problem for putting on a good bipod. and the stock is weaved so that cancels out the option for drilling in to it for a new swivle mount. and i dont want to use one that clips to the berral. any help would be awesome. thanks.

Re: need help with stock!!!!!

PM one of the smiths on here and see what they can do for you. If a factory can install one on on it someone else can as well. Hope it works out for you.

In case you dont know who any smiths are here are some very highly regarded and talented smiths along with their post name

William Roscoe- WNRoscoe
Randy Cain- HateCA
Terry Cross- Terry_Cross
Jered Joplin- JJoplin
George Gardner- A10XRIFLE

and im sure there are numerous more their names have slipped me at the moment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o1sick7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">weaved so that cancels out the option for drilling in to it for a new swivle mount. </div></div>

Weaved?

yeah thats the one. i think its retarted the way they did it. and by weaved i ment they have x's in the stock to help sturdy it.im sure thats not the real term for it. thats just what i have known it to be called.