• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with Troy rail on LH Stag

khall540

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
Beaver Dam, WI
I have a LH stag AR and recently purchased a 13" Troy alpha rail for it. I changed out the gas block for a low profile one and removed the delta ring and spring. When I go to slide the Troy Alpha rail on I run into a problem. The dust cover pin gets in the way of the little piece on the end of the backside of the rail. The LH Stag has a dust cover which flips up and has the dust cover rod on the top of it. Is there anyway around this to make it work ?

Also I did remove the dust cover and rod altogether and then put the rail on. I am unable to get the rod back into place after the rail was installed.

Can you remove the c clip on the dust cover and then slide your dust cover pin backwards and while still keeping it in the channel. You might be able to get enough clearance that way. Or you could even take a dremal and cut the very tip of your dust cover rod off and then just touch up the bare metal with something. I'm not familiar with the left handed uppers so I can't tell you for certain.

Or you could even take a dremal and cut the very tip of your dust cover rod off and then just touch up the bare metal with something. I'm not familiar with the left handed uppers so I can't tell you for certain.

After starting this post and staring at my upper some more, that's exactly what I did. I only had to take about 1/8" off and you can't even tell. Now the rail finally slipped right into place. I love my left handed bolt guns, but from here on out I will just stick to regular RH ARs.