• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Need help with TUBB DTAC 6xc please

Jeffd

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
A friend gave me 50 rounds of the DTAC ammo in the picture and it is different from the ammo I have from Tubb from a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me what type of bullet this is and the BC to use? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 172
I believe David recently started including that groove near the tip of the bullet because it supposedly increases B.C. I would guess that is just one of his newer 115 RBT Dtac bullets. G7 BC of .305 should get you close.

Reactions: Jeffd
I believe David recently started including that groove near the tip of the bullet because it supposedly increases B.C. I would guess that is just one of his newer 115 RBT Dtac bullets. G7 BC of .305 should get you close.
Thanks! I was shocked to see this type of bullet

Suggest going to the source. David will be glad to share with you from my expirence.
Give him a call.

The 500 round box of BN coated I just got in last week have a slightly rebated tip but don't appear to have as pronouned as yours seem to be. Although yours kinda look like it just has the ring and not rebated on the tip? This is my first batch of DTACs though so not sure what is the norm

Reactions: Jeffd
Nose ring does not increase BC as much as it helps reduce the variation from bullet to bullet. Uncut DTACs actually have a higher BC than the cut ones. I have been shooting the nose ring bullets for close to a year now. They are not for sale yet as the tooling to cut these more efficiently is still in R&D.

Thanks
Nose ring does not increase BC as much as it helps reduce the variation from bullet to bullet. Uncut DTACs actually have a higher BC than the cut ones. I have been shooting the nose ring bullets for close to a year now. They are not for sale yet as the tooling to cut these more efficiently is still in R&D.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know what the variation percentage of B.C. with and without the cut is?

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know what the variation percentage of B.C. with and without the cut is?
Off the top of my head I don’t exactly. I will have to ask my friend developing the cutter.

The nose ring came about cause David was looking into how he could make his pointed bullets also work for hunting. While testing the BC of the bullet what he found was the variance from bullet to bullet was something like half of what the uncut ones are. As bullets are made and pointed there are slight differences in BC from bullet to bullet. This cut nose ring has also been used in his ELR record attempts on the turned solid bullets as well.