• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Need Help Zeroing a Kite Common Weapon Sight (CWS)

longebow

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2006
Florida
Gents:

I tried to zero my CWS yesterday and ran out of windage adjustment. I'm still about 11 MOA left of the target. Any recommendations?

I do not see a way of mechanically zeroing the mount...

longebow

Get a picatinny riser that uses clamp with thumbscrew(s) on the LEFT side of the riser. Then, use thin sections of any sheet metal with good compression strength (such as aluminum, brass, or mild steel alloy) to form V-angle shims that you will insert on the RIGHT side of the clamp. This will shift the riser and anything mounted to it, to the RIGHT. When you achieve the windage alignment you need, you can epoxy the shims in place (on the clamp) and you're done.

Don't stack shims for the final application. Get the sheet metal in the right gauge / thickness.

Otherwise, there are the scarce, Picatinny rail adapters (with M1913 rail on top) that have click adjustable / micrometer adjustments for both windage and elevation, but are pricey -- around $500 - $600 U.S.

IR-V

IR-V is always getting technical on us! You got a 3lbs hammer? ;)