• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Info On Possible Fake Recon Sniper

Looking4Truth2011

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2023
ny
Hello, 1st I searched around to try and find the correct area to ask this question. So if it doesnt belong here, please forgive me. Now from what I understand for it to be stolen valor a few things must happen. So I'm not 100% sure, but he definitely is using this to gain trust.

I live in NJ and few us of joined this neighborhood watch group cause things are starting to get bad. The guy that created this group is named Ed. My concern is, he is using this story of "I'm a Marine" to convince people he is billy bad a@*, gain their trust, and take donations to "support" the group. If you met this guy just once, he is good at convincing people but if you hang with him long enough you can see things dont add up. One of the stories he tells, when he 1st joined the Marines, the gun instructor, pulled back a curtain and said "have at it boys" and there was a display of all kinds of weapons. So he grabbed a 50. cal Barret and hit the target 150yds dead center. And after instructor witnessed his shot, moved him to recon sniper.

I never was in the military and from what I've seen in movies and etc, they are very strict...so the pulling back a curtain and letting new recruits shoot whatever gun they want, sounds crazy! It sounds like a scene outta a movie, but only you guys would know if this is kinda true or not.

There are a handful of stories but another one that stuck out as really bad is the following...He was talking about being over-seas as a reconnaissance sniper. I said it must have been hard to deal with IED's and never knowing when you might come across one...his reply: "Bro you see them, thats the CRAZY thing. Thats why they are called IED's...Identified Explosive Device"

I can see a regular person making that mistake of a calling it "Identified"....but shouldnt a Marine get it correct? In my mind, that sort of thing is drilled into their heads, so MANY times....how they are made, what they look like, what they are called, etc etc...Or is it a honest mistake?

He mentioned he had two MOS's. 2178 and 3778. He is 40 years old and said he joined after watching the twin towers come down, at 18 years old. Maybe he was in a different branch, like army or etc...or maybe he tried to join the Marines but got kicked out for medical. If it turns out to be true then I will be first to say I was wrong but something about all these stories and how he carries himself, that I find it very difficult to believe.

If someone here can please try and help or maybe point me in the right direction to find this info out would be very helpful. As mentioned we are a small group, trying to keep our community safe. And last thing we need is to find out this guy was lying and possibly stealing donations.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Richie

If he is using his "valor" for monetary gain....its a crime. There are a BUNCH of Stolen Valor groups online, hit them up and have them look into it

Reactions: wing
One of the stories he tells, when he 1st joined the Marines, the gun instructor, pulled back a curtain and said "have at it boys" and there was a display of all kinds of weapons. So he grabbed a 50. cal Barret and hit the target 150yds dead center. And after instructor witnessed his shot, moved him to recon sniper.
phl45.jpg

thank you everyone for taking time out of your day. Everything he said sounded very far fetched but again I'm not in the military so I couldnt say for sure if it was BS. I'm going to check out that detective and "The Team".

Last thing, I was just checking over some notes I had from the 1st time I met him. He told me his Platoon# was 3778 1st Force Recon and his Battalion# 2178...I just realized those numbers are same as his "MOS"...if we forget every single story told and just looked at this info...wouldnt that be enough to call this guy BS? Meaning any Military person, would never mix up the number of their unit with their MOS, right?

"Ed" is completely full of shit, the have at it boys scenario is total fantasy and complete horse shit
I was thinking the same and wanted to call him out the second he said it but the only facts I have about any kind of military is from movies. I swear I'll never understand why people like this will go this far to lie...I would be so concerned someone will call me out on this BS. Thanks again everyone for helping out.

Reactions: Yasherka
You took notes on the BS this mofo is spilling?!?

You got problems too my man lol.

I never said I was normal. lol. Had I not wrote down some of the things he told me 3 months ago, it would have been easy for me to forget or write it off as "I must have heard him wrong". It wasnt just a casual convo...this guy was trying to convince me he was in the military, that he is brave, that he did the hard work, can be trusted, etc etc. This sort of thing is all new to me, so I didnt believe everything he was spilling...but as stated I dont know enough about the behind scene to know if it was true or not.

either way, thanks for noticing I'm "not normal"

Reactions: Kadams1563
The hardest thing about being a spy, is not telling everyone how good of a spy you are. This guy sounds like a douche. Read some of the stories from the range posts on here though, he has a lot of company. A classmate from highschool is in the military, he was telling stories at the bar one night. The stories kept getting longer as the night went on. The next morning another guy from the bar says to me, isn't it awesome that our classmate got bin laden all by himself. 😂

I want to thank everyone for sharing their advice. I just found out that he has received a few donations for our neighborhood watch group. I know for someone to be arrested for stolen valor, he has to receive money or something like that. I don't think it would work under this situation. And not sure who to ask. I feel like, he definitely uses the "I'm a Marine" to gain trust. Every time we have a meeting and there are new people, he brings up how he is a Marine and some of the things he went through.

I want to thank everyone for sharing their advice. I just found out that he has received a few donations for our neighborhood watch group. I know for someone to be arrested for stolen valor, he has to receive money or something like that. I don't think it would work under this situation. And not sure who to ask. I feel like, he definitely uses the "I'm a Marine" to gain trust. Every time we have a meeting and there are new people, he brings up how he is a Marine and some of the things he went through.
He is on his own "Recon Mission". Appears he has gathered a lot of information about your AO and members.
He could become your biggest threat when the SHTF. Plan accordingly.

He needs to be called to the carpet

Fake marines are so easy to catch. Oh hey what unit were you in. 1/1. 3/1. 2/4 etc 1st recon 2nd recon etc. the unit designations are retard proof. Plus if ANYBODY is making sure everybody knows they were a ….”recon sniper” super fake. Just like when I hear a guy say oh I was an “airborne ranger” fucking fake or just a tool. Never heard an actual ranger bat guy say that shit.

Fake marines are so easy to catch. Oh hey what unit were you in. 1/1. 3/1. 2/4 etc 1st recon 2nd recon etc. the unit designations are retard proof. Plus if ANYBODY is making sure everybody knows they were a ….”recon sniper” super fake. Just like when I hear a guy say oh I was an “airborne ranger” fucking fake or just a tool. Never heard an actual ranger bat guy say that shit.
I agree with ya. Most, if not ALL real snipers or etc wouldnt brag like this. It wasnt until enough time has passed, that I started to see thru his BS. Not being able to plan a patrol to search the neighborhood, not being able to handle pressure once we caught someone stealing.

I know we all agree this guy is BS...but does anyone know if those MOS's are real or not?

I agree with ya. Most, if not ALL real snipers or etc wouldnt brag like this. It wasnt until enough time has passed, that I started to see thru his BS. Not being able to plan a patrol to search the neighborhood, not being able to handle pressure once we caught someone stealing.

I know we all agree this guy is BS...but does anyone know if those MOS's are real or not?

Yeah those don’t exist. This guy might be a Marine, but he’s certainly not a scout sniper. He probably joined, made it through boot camp/earned the title, was a piece of shit and was ad-sepped. Now he wants recognition for being a Marine even though he was a shitbag.

What do you mean "Your AO and members"??? And thanks for helping.
AO= Area of Operation............. In layman's terms, your neighborhood, entrances and exits, when you go to work, school or church. Where your kid plays soccer or goes to school, what kind of vehicle your wife drives, how far you are from work to home, what weapons you have......... The list is long.
Members = Their qualifications, how prepared they are to survive for a long duration, the depth of commitment they have to protect your neighborhood....

You have a lot of catching up / homework to do.... Your time is limited to get up to speed.

Hello, 1st I searched around to try and find the correct area to ask this question. So if it doesnt belong here, please forgive me. Now from what I understand for it to be stolen valor a few things must happen. So I'm not 100% sure, but he definitely is using this to gain trust.

I live in NJ and few us of joined this neighborhood watch group cause things are starting to get bad. The guy that created this group is named Ed. My concern is, he is using this story of "I'm a Marine" to convince people he is billy bad a@*, gain their trust, and take donations to "support" the group. If you met this guy just once, he is good at convincing people but if you hang with him long enough you can see things dont add up. One of the stories he tells, when he 1st joined the Marines, the gun instructor, pulled back a curtain and said "have at it boys" and there was a display of all kinds of weapons. So he grabbed a 50. cal Barret and hit the target 150yds dead center. And after instructor witnessed his shot, moved him to recon sniper.

I never was in the military and from what I've seen in movies and etc, they are very strict...so the pulling back a curtain and letting new recruits shoot whatever gun they want, sounds crazy! It sounds like a scene outta a movie, but only you guys would know if this is kinda true or not.

There are a handful of stories but another one that stuck out as really bad is the following...He was talking about being over-seas as a reconnaissance sniper. I said it must have been hard to deal with IED's and never knowing when you might come across one...his reply: "Bro you see them, thats the CRAZY thing. Thats why they are called IED's...Identified Explosive Device"

I can see a regular person making that mistake of a calling it "Identified"....but shouldnt a Marine get it correct? In my mind, that sort of thing is drilled into their heads, so MANY times....how they are made, what they look like, what they are called, etc etc...Or is it a honest mistake?

He mentioned he had two MOS's. 2178 and 3778. He is 40 years old and said he joined after watching the twin towers come down, at 18 years old. Maybe he was in a different branch, like army or etc...or maybe he tried to join the Marines but got kicked out for medical. If it turns out to be true then I will be first to say I was wrong but something about all these stories and how he carries himself, that I find it very difficult to believe.

If someone here can please try and help or maybe point me in the right direction to find this info out would be very helpful. As mentioned we are a small group, trying to keep our community safe. And last thing we need is to find out this guy was lying and possibly stealing donations.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Richie
I've met 2,000 of the 900 Seals...

Ask your scout sniper buddy where they do their SALUTE training.

DM me the response and I’ll tell
You what he should have really said if you care that much. At this point you know he’s full of shit though.
Thank you for taking time to help & share advice. Currently I had argument with him before I had chance to read your post and I left the group for now.

I'm waiting to get some official paperwork informing me of his status as so called marine. The plan is to address him one last time once I have all the info. Trying to show all my cards and get him to close down the group so can't scam donations anymore. I'll definitely ask him about the SALUTE training.

Thanks everyone for taking out the time.

Complete phony. I doubt he was even a Marine if he has no clue what number designator infantry battalions are like. Numbers like 2178 or 3778 etc aren't even close. Those are more like MOS numbers, but aren't recon or sniper MOS's.

Ask him what his SSBC class number was. Or where he attended school. Or if he knows the difference between a HOG and a PIG. I doubt he can answer any of these questions.

@Redmanss

I used to shoe horses for a guy who swore up and down he was a SEAL. He claimed his hometown had a monument put up in his honor. This was maybe 10 years ago....I mainly just ignored it but one day I get there and his wife is there with the horses. I asked how he was doing and she unloads on me that his entire life (as he portrayed it to her) was a complete fabrication. They had been married something like 12 or 13 years and she booted his ass.

You don't have to ask this guy a fucking thing because he's a liar. Like delusional psychosis type liar. None of what you mentioned is remotely accurate, historically or presently, and even a shitty con artist at least has a kernel of truth to their con. This story has zero truth to it, but I'm sure in this person's mind it's completely accurate.

My suggestion is to completely disengage this individual and caution others to do the same. This is not what a sane person does, and it is never good to remotely associate with an insane person you're not very close to from the start. You can try to confront, but you'll be wasting your time as they live in an alternate reality far away from normal.

Ask your scout sniper buddy where they do their SALUTE training.

DM me the response and I’ll tell
You what he should have really said if you care that much. At this point you know he’s full of shit though.
SALUTE? Wut? Must be some weird west coast shit, because the only SALUTE training we would do is a SALUTE report for enemy activity.

Reactions: ACard
You don't have to ask this guy a fucking thing because he's a liar. Like delusional psychosis type liar. None of what you mentioned is remotely accurate, historically or presently, and even a shitty con artist at least has a kernel of truth to their con. This story has zero truth to it, but I'm sure in this person's mind it's completely accurate.

My suggestion is to completely disengage this individual and caution others to do the same. This is not what a sane person does, and it is never good to remotely associate with an insane person you're not very close to from the start. You can try to confront, but you'll be wasting your time as they live in an alternate reality far away from normal.

SALUTE? Wut? Must be some weird west coast shit, because the only SALUTE training we would do is a SALUTE report for enemy activity.
One and the same. But we played that game at a certain place, watching certain building. Very busy place. Overwhelmed a lot of guys. It was fun seeing all the reports brought back.

Reactions: Redmanss
One and the same. But we played that game at a certain place, watching certain building. Very busy place. Overwhelmed a lot of guys. It was fun seeing all the reports brought back.
I can only imagine where, but I'm sure it smelled like old tuna and despair.

One ultimate check I know of is to ask them the definition of a Marine Sniper. I don't know a single SSBC grad that can't immediately rattle that off verbatim, barring some debilitating brain injuries or whatnot. I'm fast approaching 30 years from the schoolhouse and I still know it as well as my SSN.

The POS couldn’t complete boot camp and he likes to say he’s a Marine. That’s what a pussy does!

I missed all of this. Damn it. Anyway, to see the real behavior of a Marine who was a Marine Scout Sniper while in service and is now out of the service, I invite newbies to study the behavior of our illustrious host, Frank Galli. He does not talk about his days in service.

And, really, a sniper is a job. For example, Ryan Cleckner was a Sniper Team Leader (actual job description) in the 1st Ranger Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment in the Army for some tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. Out of service, he is a gun rights attorney and no longer calls himself a sniper. Because that was a job.

Just like, there is no "sniper" rifle. You can call it a sniper rifle when being used by an active duty soldier who has the job title and pay scale of a sniper.

I have never served, my only regret (asthma as a teenager and therefore not able to medically qualify for service. But I did keep up my select service information in case they needed me for anything, until the required age of 26, which was a long time ago, damn it.) But I have learned some things here and there and it sounds like this former Recon Sniper was full of hot air.

Don Shipley could find out. He catches fake Navy SEALs. Someone asked him to research the indian who was "threatened" by the catholic school boys (it was the other way around.) That guy claimed to have been a Vietnam veteran. Except that he fought the VC as an HVAC tech stationed near Lincoln, Nebraska in 1973, as combat soldiers were coming home. Then, Shipley's YouTube channel got banned. He eventually came back with another channel but the cunt that axed him is still in charge.

So, TLDR, you can do an FoIA request from the Marines on this guy and it will tell you his rank and discharge date and length of service and location of assignments, And, of course, occupational pay scale and nomenclature.