• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need info on SASS DPMS

esromvre

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
Black Hills SD
need some info.

how does it compare to other weapons out there in this category.

Accuracy

Price

reliability

Re: need info on SASS DPMS

If anyone tried to take mine they'd have to fight me for it.

You do know that you've opened the can?

Only reliability issue I've had were feed issues but they were due to the magazines. Since I bent the feed lips I haven't had a single failure in over 1K rounds. I'd go so far as to say that of all my rifles my SASS is the easiest of them all to get consistent accuracy from. Machining, fit/finish are as good as anything else IMO. It's hard to find a better bang for the buck.

I'm not a fan of DPMS by any means. However, my local DPMS LE dealer has sold a couple LRT-SASS rifles to some agencies, and they have reported back to be getting around 0.5 MOA on the best groups. Not too shabby at all.

Haven't heard anything about reliability. Hopefully DPMS has done better with their LR308 quality control than they have with their AR15 parts.

They are very accurate, expensive, but reliable.DPMS quality at times may be a little off but it's overall a nice rifle.They are NOT light....
I built an "improved" version of that gun with a DPMS upper and lower I bought a few years ago, I have no regrets.

They are a bit heavy, but it makes the recoil even less.
[img:left]
IMG_4381.jpg
[/img]

I have a DPMS LR.308B, and I am shooting .75 MOA. regularly. I had an airforce PJ friend who he was shooting the same. It is a heavy, but managable weight. reliability has not been a factor with my rifle.

I have not fired that rifle. I have fired other DPMS models and they were accurate. I know of two individuals who own and have fired the SASS and they reported that it was accurate and really liked it.

It is not the cheapest weapon, but it is far from being the most expensive. I believe it only has a 16 match barrel and it gets better accuracy than many longer barreled guns. Probably a good value for the money is my opinion.

All of my reliability problems stemmed from the factory mags, I switched to PMAG and have never had an issue since. Rifle is heavy but mine hasnt caused me any issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of my reliability problems stemmed from the factory mags</div></div>

Same, I bought a ton of cproducts and haven't had any issues since.

Got this old abused girl from Jrose and he ran it MOA on anything he shot threw it ..
Only issue I had was a bad ejector spring once I got that fixed it was game on..

562 yards and hammer time.. easly minute of duck ..
grin.gif

sass004.jpg

By asm1 at 2010-05-20

435 yards
imageqy.jpg

By asm1 at 2010-04-26