• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need JP PSC-12 Advise

squirrelsnpr

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2009
Oakdale, CA
My original thought was to buy an 18" barrel and run the PRS stock. With this configuration I was thinking about buying a 22" 6.5 Creedmore upper later for anything over 800 yards.

In hopes of saving money I'm nowing thinking a 20" barrel would be better "do-it-all" If I go with the 20" I was thinking the UBR would be a better stock option to still keep the overall length down. But I have never used the UBR for scoped precision work and think the PRS may be better.

Need advise on 18" vs 20", the PRS vs UBR. Or am I trying to do too much with one gun?

Ive been doing the exact same back and forth on this over the past month. I'm just waiting on MI to release their high tang keymod handguard and I'll be done. Mine is a 338 Fed that I built with a PSC-12 upper as a dedicated hunting rig. I also am running a Titan-QD on it so A2 vs carbine buffer weight came into play. The one thing that initially made the PRS stand out was the adjustability of the cheek weld, but I didn't like the lack of adjustment around LOP. I ended up going the UBR route and throwing a cheek pad on it. It's a fantastic, comfortable set up. Cheek pad works in this case considering the JP is a side charger. I grabbed slash's 6.5oz XH 308 CAR buffer & spring and will tune with an adj gas system to that buffer set up. I ended up shaving a little over a pound of weight in a more compact rig. Hopefully that helps you make the call!