• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Kestrel setup help - Rem 700 5R and Prime .308 ammo

jebeckjr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I’m hoping this is the right section to ask this question. I’m a very new kestrel 5700 user. Has anyone setup their kestrel with settings for the Prime .308 ammo? It doesn’t seem like it’s listed as a bullet in the library. I checked under “Norma”, and they look only listed 168gr, Ruag Swiss Match ammo has a 175gr HPBT, but the G1 and G7 values don’t match the Prime box. I shot from 200 out to 1000 today, and the dope I captured aren’t really close to what’s on the range card in the Kestrel.

I’m shooting out of a Rem 700 tactical 5R. I don’t have a chrono, so I used the FPS value on the box, and reduced it to 2550 due to the shorter barrel.

If anyone is running this setup and captured accurate range card values, would you mind sharing what numbers you used for input? I would much appreciate any help!

Thanks!

John

Prime is not in the 308 library. You will need to input the bullet manually, use the MV from the box and then perform the MV Calculate function in the Kestrel Gun Profile. That should true up your range card.

Last edited: