• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Need Knowledge on the M644 & M646

Mike Shoots Stuff

Gunnery Sergeant
Minuteman
I've been looking for an M646 or Aquila 6x/PVS-12 for a short time. They seem hard to find since it most likely will be a private sale but I have a possible opportunity and need some answers.

Right now I have a chance to get the M644 (4x magnification). I want the 6x, and I know if I get the 4x I'd be wanting the 6x later. I also have the chance to get a 6x lens only for the M646.

My question is, is it possible at the user level to install the 6x lens on the M644? Looking at the pictures, it would seem so but I'm no expert on these devices, and I know there's people on this site that are. Pictures below are of the M644 and of the lens. these are two separate sellers.

Additional question: is it possible to get the reticle changed?

If I had to send it to someone to do the lens swap, I would also consider that as well.

Thanks for any help.
IMG_3203.PNG

IMG_3202.PNG

IMG_3201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3203.PNG
    IMG_3203.PNG
    796.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I ran a 4x for nearly 3 years and never needed more mag. Wished I would have never sold it...

I ran a 4x for nearly 3 years and never needed more mag. Wished I would have never sold it...
The one I'm looking at now has the cross hair reticle. Do the elevation and windage turrets allow you to adjust the reticle repeatably like a day scope? That what I understand.

I want the 6x because if I get a mildot reticle, the 6x would make the dots more usable for hold off and adjusting follow on shots. I feel like it would help at longer ranges.

That lens, as configured, is not for the M646

The mechanical interface of that lens is for the ITT NQ6010/Star-Tron MK-880.

Don't believe this can be swapped over.

I'd contact NAIT and Nightline.

Last edited:
That lens, as configured, is not for the M646

The mechanical interface of that lens is for the ITT NQ6010/Star-Tron MK-880.

Don't believe this can be swapped over.

I'd contact NAIT and Nightline.
Thanks. The listing labeled it as:

”NVEC Raptor M646 Gen 3 Night Vision 6x magnification NV Weapon Sight LENS ONLY”

But they don’t seem to know anything about it. The rest of their Estore is unrelated stuff.

Reactions: compasscall
The one I'm looking at now has the cross hair reticle. Do the elevation and windage turrets allow you to adjust the reticle repeatably like a day scope? That what I understand.

I want the 6x because if I get a mildot reticle, the 6x would make the dots more usable for hold off and adjusting follow on shots. I feel like it would help at longer ranges.
I never adjusted my zero after zeroing
.it was by far the most reliable piece of NV I've ever owned though

The one that would thread on has fine threads just about a third of the way from the output end. It also isn't stepped like the pictured one, more of a taper. The rear element is also larger. I swear Jamison (NAIT) was selling the lenses a while back. I'd also hit up Jason Crum of Ident Marking.

Reactions: Mike Shoots Stuff