• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need local guidance/training (DFW) with Dillon 650

bronson90

Connoisseur
Minuteman
I live in North Dallas near 635 & Tollway. I bought the 650 to load 260, 308, 338fed, 300aac in small base dies for AR-15/10 pattern rifles. Willing to compensate for your time in the form of stone, brick/pavers, beer/liquour, pmags, ammo, gas or ca$h of course... Whatever it takes!!!
grin.gif

The fastest way to get a hold of me is via text or email, although I will respond to PM's or replies to this thread...

Bronson90
214.533.5358 cel.
[email protected]

Re: Need local guidance/training (DFW) with Dillon 650

Lots of good info in the stickies here and YouTube has many good videos on the 650. It is also a good idea to keep a copy of The ABC's of Reloading by the throne and Precision Reloading on the bed side table

First of all, I have to applaud you for looking for a person with experience. I run a reloading course once a year at my club, and have been hounded to do more, recently. I have a 650, 550, Hornady LNL, and Redding T-7 and Rockchucker. You did good with the 650. I keep my 650 set for small primer, and I do all my large primer work on my 550 (mainly because the primer system is something I have changed over twice, and don't really enjoy it). I was given a Whidden tool head for my 650, and I'm not sure if it is specifically that much better, but they are very solid, and I think tighter in the groove.

If you were closer, I'd give you a hand!

Thanks for the words of encouragement... I was really torn between the 1050 & 650; but am glad that I chose the 650 to learn on. I'm was going to buy the Mr. Bulletfeeder but am not sure it's the best choice for me anymore since they don't have conversions for 6.5 & 338 available yet.

I've been reloading on & off since '03 with a single stage press but never had any real reason to go to a progressive. Now that I have all of these hungry GAP-10's to feed I felt this would be as good as any to get started.

I'll keep everyone updated as someone saw my posts and has graciously stepped up to the challenge!!!

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that I have watched literally every reputable YouTube video available. Then I get all fired up like yeah I got this and when I walk in my reloading room I realize that I'm not even close to begin...

The biggest issue is proper die set up, which takes some time. A friend of mine was over earlier today and asked me why I load my scar ammo on a progressive, but my bolt action ammo on single stage. It ultimately comes down to how much accuracy you want to wring out of your reload. I like blasting with my scar, and rarely shoot over 100 yards, but my bolt gun gets shots out to 600 yards, so I try to keep my tolerances tighter.

Drop me an e-mail if you have questions on the 650.