• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need mags with more OAL. Accurate-Mag?

RotARy15

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I need mags with enough space for an OAL of 2.940. I tried Alpha type 2's, but they didn't agree with my rifle.

I have an Accurate-Mag that my buddy is letting me look at. It agrees with my rifle better, but it has the front plate. I looked on their website and they list a 300 WSM mag without the plate.

Does anyone have any experience with loading 308 in these WSM mags? Do they feed well? Do the feed lips need to be modified?

Or should I just do the work and remove the plates from either AI or 308 Accurate-Mags?

Re: Need mags with more OAL. Accurate-Mag?

Centerpunch, two drill bits.

Place centerpunch into the middle of each of the two welds and press firm till it pops.

Use small bit one to make a starter hole in the middle of the weld, then repeat with the larger one (size of weld). Then remove plate.

Problem solved.

Oversized cases on the WSM will need to be altered for the smaller 308 case. your better off just doing the modification above.

Re: Need mags with more OAL. Accurate-Mag?

Pert simple
just remove the front plate

Should give 2.990 OAL

info for removing plate can be found here via search function

pert simple just remove spot welds