• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need new rings, any assistance is appreciated!

6xcKY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2013
SE-KY
To make a long story short, I used the WRONG kind of paint remover on some aluminum rings I had and they pretty much melted. The end...

Now, my rifle is in the final process of being built and I need to get my glass back in working condition but I am not sure what size to get.

I got a new Krieger MTU barrel installed, so the contour is no longer the same. I run a 20moa rail also.

What ring height should I use with this set up? Bushnell Elite 4200 (30mm) with 44mm objective, Butler Creek caps, 20moa rail, MTU contour.

I have a surgeon 591 (rem clone) with built in 20moa rail and a #17 krieger barrel (very close to MTU). I like leupold mark 4 rings and normally use their medium rings, but had to use the High rings with this combination. Keep in mind that mark 4 mediums are like most people's low rings. the actual ring height can be checked on midway.

Check out Talley Tactical rings, I've used them for a little over a year now. They have unique "lugs" that fit into the picatinny slots without any slop. You can purchase them direct from Talley or places like SWFA also.