• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need opinions

poke5353

Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Central Arkansas
I need some opinions on my next optic purchase. I have the 2 rifles in the pic below and I need a scope for one of them and I need opinions on which scope to put on which gun. Top one is 223AI and the bottom one is 308. I already have a Viper PST 6-24x50 and I need one more. My question is should I buy the same scope to have the same ones on each gun? Each gun will shoot steel out to 850, prarie dogs and some F-class. Just dont know if I want the same scope or if I should go with the 4-16x viper pst. Any opinions are welcome.

Thanks

83F946E3-AA89-4DFA-BD0E-5F4773C5FE06-17542-000004281BE3AB56.jpg

Re: Need opinions

Agree, good scope and since you already have one and like it no need to change. They do the job, are reliable, dependable and for the money can't be beat.

Topstrap

Ive considered the viper hs 5-15 for the 308. any oppinions on this optic. It the midway usa special

Viper is good choice. No problem using same scope and reticles unless you have a need for more magnification or other options. For how you were talking about using your rifles, it sounds like what you have already would be perfect for both. Only you can decide. I just purchased a March F 3X24 42mm for my 308 and have a March FX 5X40 56mm arrivng next week for my 338 Lapua Magnum to shootout to 2000 , if I ever get good enough at this sport !!!