• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need options for DTA SRS GEN1 308 barrel.

SemperFiDawg

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2008
Dublin, Georgia
I have a DTA SRS Gen I. The headspace indexes off of the pin in the receiver. I need a 308 Win. barrel. Upon contacting DTA I was informed that they no longer make barrels for the GEN1, leaving me with a rifle/receiver with no barrel and according to DTA, no options. Does anyone know of a source who makes these barrels that index off the GEN1 pin model? Ticks me off that I spent a chunk of money on a product whose main attraction was the ability to change out calibers/barrels only to find that the barrels are no longer being produced. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Last edited:
The Gen1 is the one with the pin. They did not make an A1 with a gen1 pin to my knowledge.

Order a Gen2/A1/A2 barrel, and it will work with the small pin receiver you have. You will need to clock the barrel manually before you lock it down to ensure proper bolt manipulation, but it does work.

Next time I encourage you to do a little research before buying a product that has been discontinued for 8 years. The seller bears some responsibility as well if they did not disclose it.

Just called. Rolled over to a full voicemail that wouldn't accept any new messages. I'll keep trying. Meanwhile any other options would be appreciated.

The Gen1 is the one with the pin. They did not make an A1 with a gen1 pin to my knowledge.

Order a Gen2/A1/A2 barrel, and it will work with the small pin receiver you have. You will need to clock the barrel manually before you lock it down to ensure proper bolt manipulation, but it does work.

Next time I encourage you to do a little research before buying a product that has been discontinued for 8 years. The seller bears some responsibility as well if they did not disclose it.
Appreciate the input. For the record I bought the rifle years ago shortly after DTA introduced the concept. It came with a different caliber barrel. I've long since sold the original barrel. Currently attempting to standardized my collection to 308 Win. thus was looking for 308 much to my chagrin.

Short Action Customs makes their own extensions. I don't know anything about the pin but wouldn't hurt to hit them up and see if they can help you

Insite Arms up in Canada makes barrels and extensions for the A1's as well.

I believe a barrel is a not a controlled item, so should be no problem to get them shipped down here if you can't find any state side.

I have a DTA SRS Gen I. The headspace indexes off of the pin in the receiver. I need a 308 Win. barrel. Upon contacting DTA I was informed that they no longer make barrels for the GEN1, leaving me with a rifle/receiver with no barrel and according to DTA, no options. Does anyone know of a source who makes these barrels that index off the GEN1 pin model? Ticks me off that I spent a chunk of money on a product whose main attraction was the ability to change out calibers/barrels only to find that the barrels are no longer being produced. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
I feel your pain and do not know why DT made that change. Speaking with tech support allegedly and yes, I am using that term loosely. The A1 and A2 are supposed to hold zero better when caliber and or barrel change. I was looking for a .308 recently and was told the A2 will work. As someone already mentioned, you just have to make sure your tune and tighten to the bolt.
Try these folks if you haven't already - https://www.es-tactical.com/

Last edited: