• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need quick help mounting scope

USFCLASSTX

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2009
TX
All i am doing is putting a new scope in an old ones place.

Usually i have a gunsmith buddy to do it then boresight and crap, but i just want to do it without getting in the truck and wasting gas.

Is all i have to do is unscrew rings, remove scope, insert new one, then screw down rings as hard as i can, or do i have to torque it to a certain pressure?

Thanks

Re: Need quick help mounting scope

Its a pretty simple thing to do as long as your new scope has the same diameter tube as the old one. If so just take the old one out of rings and set new one in with the scope positioned so eye releif is correct at a comfortable position holding the gun. getting the recticle level can be tricky if you dont have a leveler of some sort. there are a lot of threads on here about leveling. The torquing of screws should not be as tight as you can get them. Most rings will have specs they call for. If you dont have that just get them a little tighter than snug. You wouldnt want to damage the scope or twist the head off a screw.

Re: Need quick help mounting scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USFCLASSTX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the assumption that you're not joking:
http://www.snipershide.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=25</div></div>

Oh shit...
I dont know when the last time i visited the regular page...i always jump to the forums

Thanks </div></div>

You mentioned screwing down the rings as hard as you could.... Was going to link you to the same page as Graham did. I'd recommend picking up a Wheeler Fat Wrench. I got mine on Amazon for $48