• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need recommendations (Red Dot on my FNX 45 Tac)

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    Alright, Ive been having the FNX for about 2 years now. Im just now starting to train with it and its my first pistol with an optic. As of right now, Im finding the suppressor height sights and the red dot to be too much. Id like to remove the irons and go optic only. What's you guys take on running both? The pics through the optic doesnt do it justice. If I were to line up the dot, irons, and the target then the bottom 3rd or almost half the optic would be covered by iron sight.
    7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

Tape them over and give it a whirl- I think you'll find that you don't need them (they're for back up only) and they take up space. Proper technique is target focus with both eyes open.

You're much better off 1) developing proper draw, presentation, and hold, along with target focus, so the dot overlays your target, than 2) using the sights to try to find the dot and then trying to put the dot over the target- in fact the second method is highly discouraged by most professional trainers.

Last edited:
    Reactions: madppcs