• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes need scope for a sps-v .308

nathon

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2009
cleveland, tn
what do you guys think about a millett LRS or TRS on a sps-v? need a temp scope until the economy starts building houses again, then a self employer such as my self can afford a NF 5.5x22-56
whistle.gif

Re: need scope for a sps-v .308

Just put a Wonders Optics 4-14 x 50 on my SPS Tactical.

$280 shiped, picked up Burris xtact rings and egw base.
With all of that i paid around 400 bucks.
The glass is jam up for the price.

cant beat that price for sure, have u tried that little jewell out yet? any suprises at all?

I used to have a Millett TRS scope. The adjustable version not the fixed version. They are pretty good scope with large field of view and a very interesting dot-dash mildot reticle (on the 4 generation versions of the scope). Only thing I did not like was the stiffness of the power ring and the parallax adjustment.

i was looking into a millett, but the lrs. i checked out a burris tactical 3-12x50 today, but doesnt seem very strong. especially for $850. i will probally never be able to use a 24x scope but would b nice to have. do u really enjoy your millett? what do you think about the lrs?

ive also seen a barska 6-24x44 extreme tactical. i know that if you can buy a scope for $225, its probally cheap, but it doesnt always play true. you guys have shown me some good scopes in that range. what is your opinion on the barska. i want to stay under 400 but yet get a decent optic.

Go with the Falcon I have one going on my next AR build they are great, FFP MIL/MIL and not very pricey.

Do yourself a huge favor and skip on the Barska. The Millet & Falcon are both spoke highly of ... for there price any way. Must be a reason
wink.gif

Super Sniper, Wonders, Falcon, Bushnell, Weaver. In no particular order they all seem like good values.

Wonder optics I have on on my win mag I'm happy with it. Only isue I have is knobs have decent clicks but have a touch of play in them

I own a Millett LRS, and I've been very pleased with mine. I've only dialed it out to 500 yards so far, but haven't had any problems at all. There's only been quite a limited number that got out before the company got sold to Bushnell. Mine is on a .300 WSM shooting 190 Bergers and it's held zero just fine. If you do a search on the Millett LRS, you'll see that a few people had some issues with their scope. There were some reporting that their parallax adjustment would shift during firing, which I haven't had this problem. There was one person that reported that his reticle wasn't correct at 25x, but it was accurate at 12.5x. I haven't pulled mine out with a ruler at 100 yards yet, so I'm not sure. I think mine is pretty clear glass for the money, almost comparable to the Bushnell Elite 4200, in terms of color and clarity, but brighter. Anyway, that's just some things to consider.