• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need Scope Recomendations

M1A1TankerTom

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Hey all, I just purchased my first precsion rifle which is a Remington 700 SPS Tactical chambered in .308. I already purchased a HS Precisions PSS stock to replace the crappy Hogue stock but now I need to decide on a scope. The rifles purpose is to be a tactical toy (just for fun really), mostly used for shooting paper but may occasionaly be used for hunting. I do have access to a 1,000 yard range so it would be nice if the scope was capable of that range. I would like to keep the price of the scope under 600 dollars...I know thats not a lot for a scope but i am on a budget. I was planning on going with a Super Sniper but I figured I would see what all of you recomended before I spent any money. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated....so what scope do ya guys think i should get?

Re: Need Scope Recomendations

ive got a few different budget scopes, 3200s, falcons and supersnipers, and while i really like the falcon, i usually use the super sniper...it lives on the rifle i shoot the most, and that wont be changin anytime soon. in my circle of shootin buddies there 3 10x SS's ww a few k rounds on them, on 308s through a 338 AR30. none have ever had any problems. the 3200s arent as clear, ive got one on a cheapo 223, and my son has one on his 308, but they do work, and trak fine. my falcons on my 300wsm, ive got 300rnds on it, the gass is a bit betterthan the SS, its always tracked fine, but i just dont have the faith in it yet.

Learn to use the search function, it is your friend.
Fill out your profile.
Falon Menace 4-14, SS 10x, Bushnell Elite 10x 3200.
All good scopes under your limit.

You may also want to look at the Millett TRS1. The 2009 models have 1/4th moa turrets and come up counters. Big improvement over the earlier models. That 600 dollar price range is tough. The Bushnell elite 4200 6-24X50 is pretty nice and within your budget but it only has about 45 moa of elevation but with a 20 moa base that should be plenty to get you out to 1000 yards. If you could possibly spare 200 more dollars here's what I would reccomend. Excellent glass and Scott at Liberty Optics is a great guy!
http://www.libertyoptics.com/contents/en-us/image_viewer.html?lmd=39916.830556

either a 4x16 schmidt or a 3x15 night force. if you caint see it you cant hit it!

For not too much more than your $600 budget, you can get a Burris XTR. Hard to beat for the money. Good glass, lots of adjustment, and repeatible tracking.