• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need scope upgrade

Kfive73

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2022
Houston
Hey everyone. I’ve been lurking on here for years but have never posted. I know there are 100 posts about scopes but here’s another one.

My dads 65 is coming up and I would like to give him an upgrade on his scope. He is shooting a 6 dasher with a Sig tango 4. Recently started going beyond 600 and having a lot of fun. He is a weekend shooter (no competitions). Primarily shoots off bench or prone. His style is to dial for elevation and hold for wind-doesn’t care for tree reticles. Likes to plink steel but also chasing tiny groups

I’ve been looking a bit at the Leica PRS scope ($2700) with the ballistic reticle but would like opinions from better shooters. Looking for clarity and good tracking. .2 Mil subtensions would be good as well.

Thanks for any info

Leica scope is great but I feel like -- for a Leica -- I expected (on paper) better FOV. Maybe I'm missing something.

I would keep an eye out on the Classifieds because now that Vortex released it's new Gen3 tactical scope, everyone is going to sell their Gen2 and that is a killer optic. Find something that has the same style reticle as a Nikon Black FX1000 -- .2 subtensions left, right, up, and down... no tree.

Leica scope is great but I feel like -- for a Leica -- I expected (on paper) better FOV. Maybe I'm missing something.

I would keep an eye out on the Classifieds because now that Vortex released it's new Gen3 tactical scope, everyone is going to sell their Gen2 and that is a killer optic. Find something that has the same style reticle as a Nikon Black FX1000 -- .2 subtensions left, right, up, and down... no tree.
Good advice, except you aren’t gonna find any Razor G2’s that don’t have a tree reticle, to my knowledge.

Reactions: HousePlant
Mil_C_Zoom.png

Nightforce ATACR mil-c

Probably just above your budget but there may be some vendors here that could help you out.

Leupold Mark 5 with the PR1 is a good option

Mark5 PR1 or Vortex AMG both have good horizontal lines for holding wind.

I will say that the Nightforce mil-xt reticle is a tree style, but the tree portion is very faint.