• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Smartphone advise for young daughter

nervous

Private
Minuteman
I'm going to buy my daughter a android smartphone. I want to find a covert tracking app. All I care about is where the phone location is. Fathers are allowed to be a little paranoid, in the words of Ronald Reagan "Trust but Verify".

I welcome any advice or experience.

Thanks
Nervous

Re: Need Smartphone advise for young daughter

iPhone has a find my iPhone app. You can check the location of the phone, sound an "alarm" even if it is on silent, and remotely delete all the information off of it.

Re: Need Smartphone advise for young daughter

Good question. The apps I am aware of are mostly either security apps, to re-locate your phone if lost or stolen, or social apps, so your friends (Like Dad) can see where you are all the time. Both types can be turned off or on by the person holding the phone, so if your little angel is up at inspiration point with that tattooed biker thug you ran off last week, well, so much for that.
Is there an app that can be installed without the child's knowledge, that doesn't show in the apps or utilities files?