• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need smith recommendation for 40x

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
I need to get my 40x tuned up. I think I have a firing pin/chamber issue—lots of light strikes and failure to fires.

Would love to find a smith either in the Minnesota area or along the i90 corridor between Minnesota and rapid city so I could avoid mailing the rifle off.

Any recommendations?

TS Customs in Miller, SD. It's a simple detour off I90 from Kimball north to Miller. Travis does good work.

Screenshot_20230213_053131_Maps.jpg

Or LRI over in Sturgis, SD. He's a short drive from Rapid City. And just right off I90.
Screenshot_20230213_053532_Maps.jpg

These are your gonna be the primary smith's in SD. Both are gonna be more than capable and I'm sure both have quite a backlog of work.

I don't know shit about smith's in MN unfortunately. SD has a couple more. Mostly nowhere near I90. There's SoDak Sports across the street from Cabelas in Mitchell. But I can't vouche for their gunsmithing work.

I need to get my 40x tuned up. I think I have a firing pin/chamber issue—lots of light strikes and failure to fires.

Would love to find a smith either in the Minnesota area or along the i90 corridor between Minnesota and rapid city so I could avoid mailing the rifle off.

Any recommendations?
Did you try replacing the firing pin springs and cleaning the trigger assembly?