• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Need some advice on a PS32

Mudcat-NC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
Western NC
Gents, I know ZILCH about thermal and NV stuff but want to start messing around with killing yotes at night as we are starting to get overrun with them. So, I have an opportunity to pick up a brand new FLIR PS32 for about $2600, delivered. Should I pass or does this make for a great spotting unit? I realize I am not using this on the rifle and will have to get a NV scope for that (also looking for recommendations there too). Thoughts for this IR/NV noob?

thanks

I have had one since they first were released to the public, nothing within 350 yards will remain undetected and it will increase your kill rate by a factor of 5-10X, you will be amazed at all that you did not see before you got it...

NV%20Coyote%202.jpg

I bought a ps32 3 months ago and if it moves within 900 yards you will see it, may not know the game right off the bat until you get used to knowing what everything looks like through a thermal. $2600 delivered is a VERY good buy!
Once you use it you will wonder why you didn't get one long ago!
I use mine to spot/pick up game & my D740 gen III scope to confirm it. I have no issue to date knowing what I am looking at to 500 yards coyote wise.
Tons of NV scopes out there, what are your ranges and game you are night hunting?

Will be after coyotes mostly, and yardages will be mostly 500 and in, but will get opportunities to get out to 1000 or so.

Sounds like a good deal to me... After I got mine.. I thought, what have I been missing. U will not believe what u will see lurking in the brush beside u that you would have never seen with a gen3 night vision devise. I have totally upped my game since having 1!!!

Got my PS32 and am trying to charge it but it is showing a "red" looking light rather than a yellow as the "quick sheet" says it should. I have the usb plug into the 110 jack and into a wall outlet. Am I doing something wrong? (did find another, older, owners manual online that says "orange" light is charging, so maybe thats it)

Last edited:
Got my PS32 and am trying to charge it but it is showing a "red" looking light rather than a yellow as the "quick sheet" says it should. I have the usb plug into the 110 jack and into a wall outlet. Am I doing something wrong? (did find another, older, owners manual online that says "orange" light is charging, so maybe thats it)

My ls64 charges red and turns green when charged perfectly normal

Yup, it came from a BIG wholesaler, so no issues if I have to return it. But, like Antelope420 said, mine does charge orange, then goes to green when done. Used it last night for a bit and strangely enough, a raccoon walked out into my field 100 yards out while I was testing it. Spotted him as soon as he came out and could tell what he was by his movement and when he stood on his hind legs. Going to do some more field testing this evening. No doubt, I can use this to walk around in the dark of night. Going to be interesting to see what all it will do.

Now, any suggestions on a nightvision rifle scope, say under $5k?

Check out the new WASP that TNVC is offering. It's not available yet but it will be soon. It looks like the most bang for your buck. It attaches forward of your day scope. It's what I would get if I was in the market.

Check out the new WASP that TNVC is offering. It's not available yet but it will be soon. It looks like the most bang for your buck. It attaches forward of your day scope. It's what I would get if I was in the market.

I want a WASP also, so I called yesterday to ask about it. If you did not order one at SHOT, it will be at least 6 months before you can get one from TNVC. But the wait will be worth it!

Last edited: