• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Need some advice please

scott1119

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2007
London, ky
I have about 700 dollars to spend on a scope for my Remington LTR 308, I plan to use the scope for Deer, Elk, Varmint and paper. I hope to shoot out to 800 yds, I need the magnification to be at least 20 on top end, due to my older eyes.
I cant afford a nightforce, but there should be somthing good to fit my needs out there, I would really appreciate any and all advice
Scott

Re: Need some advice please

So for at the best scope I have seen for the price range is the Vortex PST. The Bushnell Tac Scopes are nice for the price also but they are not as nice as the Vortex PST. The PST are just starting to ship so it can be sometime before you get one.

Here is a link to them at our website.
Vortex PST at CS Tactical.com

Mike @ CST

Have you considered the SS scopes from SWFA?

I had 2 of the Super Sniper 20x, sorry to say, I really dident like them

I have a Leupold V3 6.5-20X50 I like a lot that is in your price range.

I own a Nitrex by Weaver 4-20X50mm SF scope with some really good optics in it that you may want to consider. Sorry, it is priced well below the $700 you want to spend, but its a discontinued model so its price is discounted and it has a $100 rebate to lower its final price even more. Had my shooting buddies at range evaluate my Nitrex to confirm what I thought about the scope. These buddies are all very experienced hunters, reloaders and benchrest shooters that don't mind spending the bucks for good scopes and etc. My Nitrex impressed them for the quality of its optics and features and were very very surprised at its price. Just something to think about.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?con...rodTitle=Nitrex TR Two 4-20X50mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish TrexPlex Reticle

Check out Sightron SII Big Sky or SIII. A lot depends upon what reticle you want and how you want to get out to the longer distances. Many of the scopes in your price range have covered elevation and windage adjustments and are geared more towards the 100 - 300 yd range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott1119</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I need the magnification to be at least 20 on top end, due to my older eyes.
</div></div>

What you need is to get some clear glass for them old eyes, I would rather have a nice/clear low power optic then a cheap high power optic. Do yourself a favor and spoil them old eyes while you still can.

Seems like there was a used Zeiss Conquest in the for sale section that may fit your needs.