• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some help..... a little confused

Booseman

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2012
I bought a Ruger 10/22 sporter TALO (model# 31167)
1670621602501.png

It comes with this.
  • Combination scope base adapter for both Weaver-style and .22 tip-off scope mounts included.

I also bought a Bushnell RIMFIRE 3-9X40 RIFLESCOPE ILLUMINATED (model# BU-RR3940BS13)

1670621755313.png

I am confused about what type of rings to get??? This is just going to be for varmint and plinking.

The stuff in question is referring to how the mount (ie rings) attach to the rifle itself.

Google 22 tip off and then Google weaver style and you will see the difference.

Whatever ring size will be the diameter of the tube, but how it attaches to the gun depends on what direction you want to go.

Shouldn’t the tip off be just that skinny ass factory “rail” on the top. Something like an 11mm or some shit? I’d just out the weaver base on and open it up to more options of rings. Iffin I’m not retarded in my thoughts of this. Someone will be along shortly to confirm of deny my mental state.

Reactions: Average guy
The slots in the rail are the narrow "weaver" slots. Most picatinny rings will not work on the rail. They have to be "weaver" rings. I'd recommend getting a new picatinny rail to replace the factory one. The dovetail is machined into the the factory rail.

Good purchase, those things are fun and hold their value.

I have this rail, and it works alright.

I'd say the Monstrum 1" rings would be decent for a budget set-up too. I'll bet you'll want to upgrade scopes eventually, so I wouldn't buy high-end rings yet. Most better scopes will be 30mm or 34mm rings.

Get a Pic rail and rings and call it a day. I put EGW rail on mine, zero at 50 and plink steel plates past 200 no problem.

That is a fantastic rifle, and as already stated you may want to upgrade glass in the future with a 30mm scope tube with a bit higher quality glass and more magnification. I really like Bushnell and SWFA (non rimfire) scopes on my rimfires.

Maybe changed, but I've seen supplied rails that accommodate both. Think my son's 10-22 has one.

That model comes with a single rail that accommodates both weaver and tip off. Just get weaver rings for the scope you have.

Get a Pic rail and rings and call it a day. I put EGW rail on mine, zero at 50 and plink steel plates past 200 no problem.

That is a fantastic rifle, and as already stated you may want to upgrade glass in the future with a 30mm scope tube with a bit higher quality glass and more magnification. I really like Bushnell and SWFA (non rimfire) scopes on my rimfires.

This was my thought for the future. Thanks for the advice.

You can get weaver rings at Wal-Mart that will fit that scope.

I went ahead and ordered a cheap pic rail and ring set. I am sure down the line I will upgrade the optic package. But for now it will serve its purpose. Let 9yr old get some trigger time and plink.

Then I can get some wabbits and tree rats!!!