• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need some help appraising my rifle...

cdmorten

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Hey guys,

I'm thinning out the herd and selling my 300WM. I'm going to do an AR build. I'd like to get your thoughts on what it's worth before I post it. Here are the details about the rifle:

Remington 300WM Sendero
Free Floated Barrel
Leupold M1 4.5-15 Scope - Mil Dot Reticle
Badger Rings and 20 MOA Base
Shilen Trigger set to 1.5 lbs
Ops Inc. Muzzle Brake
Badger Tactical Bolt Knob
Harris Bipod
Rounds down the barrel: 160
Shoots .66 MOA

So besides letting me know what you think it's worth, let me know if you think I'd be better off selling the rifle and all of the things like the scope/rings, bipod separately. Also, if I sell it locally I'll throw in that case.

Thanks.

300WM-01.jpg

300WM-02.jpg

Re: Need some help appraising my rifle...

I'd like to see what it would sell for either way. I'll definitely break up the set if someone just wants one or the other.

Thanks.

Price each piece you plan to sell with the rifle individually (or, what it cost you). Deduct <span style="font-style: italic">minimal</span> amount for the barrel. Decide if you need the money now (sell at a slight discount) or if you need the full grocery bag full of cash and entertain offers until you get the best one (post it a little higher than you paid) and possibly make more than you paid.

Some have an issue with selling for more than you paid on here, but you also have to figure the cost of your new build.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some have an issue with selling for more than you paid on here, but you also have to figure the cost of your new build.
wink.gif
</div></div>

So thats why everything is so expensive... I thought it was because everything was tacticool...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some have an issue with selling for more than you paid on here, but you also have to figure the cost of your new build.
wink.gif
</div></div>

So thats why everything is so expensive... I thought it was because everything was tacticool...</div></div>

ZACTLY!...cause the next thing is even TACTICOOLER!
wink.gif
grin.gif

I usually do the 70% of what I paid for it rule if its like new, 50% if its been used a lot and doing it that way my stuff usually sells on the other boards pretty quickly.

99.9% of the time, pcs bring more than the whole.

the case will only add 15$ to the shipping - with the case,scope and bipod the 1500, as above + shipping would move it in a week - go up to about 1900 and it could be around for months

Want to raise money for your build?

Part out the Sendero.
Action worth $500 w/bottom gear
Stock worth $225
Barrel maybe worth $75, $100 w/brake or keep the brake...
Shilen trigger? Whatever it brings

maybe a bit more for your custom bolt knob

The other stuff is worth what it brings....
Badger base worth $125
keep the scope and rings....

Rifle isn't going to bring what you have in it. Senderos are nice guns though... Sell the scope separate, maybe swap the BO rings for ha high set for your AR. Put the standard 700 trigger back on the gun if you sell it complete.

The Leupold 4.5-14x Mk4 scope is a Tremendous Scope to use on an AR, I'd keep it. Have one of my own in fact... Cut the sunshade back to 2" and you are set. Great scope, esp if illum reticle for compactness and features. Not gonna find a better scope for an AR-15, great lightweight and very bright optics.

Senderos with H-S stock un-modified getting kind of collectible; so few out there. Hope you still have your orig trigger. Might get $750 for complete rifle w/o the shilen trigger.

Good luck!