• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need some help on a scope.

guncrazy72

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
North GA
I am looking at buying a scope for the Remington 700 SPS I will be buying soon and I can not figure out what would be best. I have a limited price range right now and it will be like that for some time but my price range is $300 to $400. I know I will not be able to buy a great scope but I am looking for something that I will be able to shoot out to around 400 yards with. Any recommendations?

Re: Need some help on a scope.

SWFA Super Sniper!Best value out there for $ and they track well.Only prob is they are in fixed power.You can do allot with 10x and the mirage won't hinder you to much at that magnification.

Steve

Falcon Menace 4-14 will give you all the features of the big boys, at the price you are talking about. The biggest thing you give up is the lifetime warranty and built like a tank quality, but treat it with a little respect and it should do fine. As a bonus it focuses down to 10m so if/when you do step up to something nicer the Falcon and transition easily to a 22LR trainer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Dog Dundee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got one of these and am very pleased.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-6-5-20x44-pa-riflescope-dead-hold-bdc-reticle </div></div>

I do like that scope. I have looked at the super sniper while doing research and the only thing that worries me is that it is a fixed powered scope. Thanks everyone for your help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you just punching paper or will you be hunting with your rig also? </div></div>

I will do more paper punching than anything but I might take it deer hunting.

I am strongly looking into the Vortex viper 6.5-20x44. It looks like it is a good scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guncrazy72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am strongly looking into the Vortex viper 6.5-20x44. It looks like it is a good scope. </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt">
I'm looking at this one as well.

Bob
</span> </span>

would get variable scope if its duel purpose...no one magnification does all when hunting just like no caliber does all either