• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some help - Winchester Classic Sharpshooter

Ltdshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2007
Michigan
Hello all....
Pretty new to this forum and need some help on information regarding a Winchester Classic Sharpshooter in 300WM. I believe the early Sharpshooters were out of the Winchester Custom Shop and had a Schneider barrel, some action work and a McMillan A2 stock. These initial Sharpshooters were a push feed action. The one I'm looking at is a Classic Sharpshooter (Not the Sharpshooter II) and has the CRF Action. My questions: Does the Classic version have a Schneider barrel? Does it have some level of action work as the original rifles? Looking at it, it appears to have a HS Precision stock but is it bedded similar to the orginal run with the McMillan stock? And finally, can anyone give me some experience with these with regards to overall accuracy, quality etc???
Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: Need some help - Winchester Classic Sharpshooter

Bump - still looking for some advice as I would like to make a purchase decistion in the next day or so...

That sounds like it is going to be a tuff call unless you can find a Winchester guru. I would do a little googling and maybe you might come up with some phone numbers of collectors who could give you some right info. Good luck

Well, I can't comment on most of this. Sorry... but I can tell you that the HS Precision stock most likely has an aluminum Bedding block so it's not bedded like a McMillan. I happen to like those bedding blocks but many here will tell you to skim-bed it.

My experience with Winchesters has all been good as far as accuracy. Even on the Post '64 models.

btt - still looking for some input on this one.