• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors need some help with a 6.5 can...

hunter223

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Odessa Tx
Guys Im planning on buying a can for my 6.5Creedmoor before too long. I've never so much as shot with a can but, I have heard good things about several brands. Surefire, Shark, Gemtech, SAS, etc. Looking for one that changes POI the least(if that can be acertained without shooting it) and one that suppreses very well, any guidance would be appreciated.

Re: need some help with a 6.5 can...

My Shark has been on 3 different rifles, Mine, CKA and ChadTRG42, there is no POI change, but I think think has some to do with the can, and a lot to do with who threaded the barrel.

Boltripper got a .30 cal hole in the end of one or two of his cans....and shoots everything sub-caliber through 'em....

You really cant go wrong with most of the major manufacturers.

thanks fellas. BOLT how's the sound suppression using the sub-caliber projos?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks fellas. BOLT how's the sound suppression using the sub-caliber projos?</div></div>

its kosher........

the larger internal volume of a .30 can when placed on a AR-15 will result in less blow-back in the chamber area and magazine column ....there is still port noise....but you still get that with a .223 can

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boltripper got a .30 cal hole in his can.... </div></div>

me thinks it a bit larger... and takes on all calibers <grin>

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. What quantifiable specification should I look at to get an idea of suppression performance