• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need some help with a scope I mite buy Vortex PST

SMILEY 369

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
Louisiana
Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle | 30mm Tube
This scope only has Max Elevation Adjustment 65 MOA + 20 MOA on the base = 85 MOA of elevation .Will this scope get me to 800-1000yds using 308 cal on a rem 700? I have about a $1000 budget scope/rings is this the way to go?
THANKS any info will be great.. SMILEY

Re: Need some help with a scope I mite buy Vortex PST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMILEY 369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle | 30mm Tube
This scope only has Max Elevation Adjustment 65 MOA + 20 MOA on the base = 85 MOA of elevation .Will this scope get me to 800-1000yds using 308 cal on a rem 700? I have about a $1000 budget scope/rings is this the way to go?
THANKS any info will be great.. SMILEY

</div></div>

Hello,
You shouldn't have any problems getting to those distances
,bvut just a quick note. 65moa is total adjustment, so in a perfect world(not consider bore to scope height)you will have 32.5 elevation and then 20 more if you use a 20moa base. Although since this is not a perfect world these numbers can very greatly depending on things like- how true your action/base are, scope to bore height, bore curvature, barrel to action face trueness etc...... Either way you should end up with enough elevation for your 308.

What is your 1000yd dope?

Scott

I set up a customers 308 with that scope and 20 moa base. Didn't have any problem getting on at 1000. That scope is one of the best you can get in that price range and Vortex customer service is absoutly top notch.

with mine, 20moa base, i have "about" 53 +- usable MOA with a 200y zero... this should get you out to 1500y i think...

Ive got the Mil version, but I have something like 19 mils left with a 20MOA base. That should get a 308 to 1300+ yds no problem...

I have only used my PST 6-24x50mm ffp one time but so far love it! I have a Savage F-T/R in 308, EGW 20moa base and Badger .885" rings...using my FGMM 168gr 100yd zero, I have 43moa UP left (based solely off of the turret travel. I plan to test the actual dope here in a week or so with some 155 scenars.

I absolutely love my PST 6-24x50mm FFP.

I have it on my Remington 700 LSS 257 Weatherby Mag.