• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some help with the Primers.

sniperghost

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2007
I have a question for you guys. I primed some cases and then I took the primers out to trim the cases a little more, now can I still use those primers or I need to throw them away?

Thanks,

Cristian

Re: Need some help with the Primers.

You can use them, but be prepared for odd primer performance.

A month ago i would have said toss them,now they are hard to get,use em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I primed some cases, and then I took the primers out to trim the cases a little more....</div></div>
Which end of the case did you trim?

I used the press with the resizing die to take the primers out, and the reason that I took the primers out was because the cases that I trimmed were at 2.005 and a few were at 2.008 and I wanted all the cases to be the same. I’m reloading for 308.

Cristian

What kind of trimmer do you use? If the Lee, which indexes off the case holder, I can see depriming. If any that index off the datum line or have a stop on the trimmer like Forster or Redding or those type, I shouldn't think depriming would be necessary. I doubt .003 will be detected on the target. JMHO

I would agree... .003 wouldnt have been noticed on the target and I cant think of a trimmer that would have known you had primers in the case! And, decapping live primers can result in a POP every now then then! Be careful.

John

Bet you don't do that again!
grin.gif