• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need some input guys

ykrvak

Sergeant
Minuteman
I just purchased a leica 1200 from eurooptics that doesn't want to work. No big deal Alex is a good guy and is all about rectifying the situation. Here's the question. Word round the campfire is the ziess will range 100-200 yards further for basically the same money, it is in a larger package though. The size of the leica is pretty handy but for another 100-200 yards I may be willing to bump up to the larger zeiss. Have any of you found that the zeiss will actually go farther than the leica? And for those of you who have actually handled both how much bigger is it really. I looked up the dimensions online but was told that because of it's shape it's actually significantly larger. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Re: Need some input guys

If I were you I would check out and see if you like any thing that Nikon has to offer. Super nice scopes and best warrenty that i've seen. But that's just me.

Re: Need some input guys

I would not be opposed to checking out the Zeiss, but I very much love my Leica. I never have needed to range out to or past 1K, so the Leica is an awesome tool for my use. If I were needing something that ranged farther, I would definitely find an LRF that would do it.

Leica is an awesome optic, but I would expect the same from Zeiss.