• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need some input on a set of AN/PVS-7B's

Black-X

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2006
Kentucky
I'm trying to figure out if this package is worth it or if I should hold off for a while and maybe get a PVS-14. I don't mind the goggle type setup, will have to find a laser later. I'm not up to speed on NV equipment and I'm hoping one of you all might be able to help me out. The setup is:

-US NightVision Corp. ANPVS-7B, Gen 3
**Specs- 20.6 S/N, 64.0 Res., and 1318.4 FOM. Dated May of 03'.
-Comes with skate helmet with ski boot Rhino mount, sacrificial window, and bag w/all paperwork

Friend wants $2k for the entire setup. Is this about right?

Thanks,

-X

Re: Need some input on a set of AN/PVS-7B's

Ide hold out for a set of PVS-14's
I house both in my company armory, and Ive used both.

The ability to mount a PVS-14 on a picitiny rail, and use in conjunction with a primary optic, along with the presence of depth perception is a good thing.

Well, I doubt that I will actually get a PVS-14 because it's tough to save up the cash and actually use it for what it was intended for.
laugh.gif
Plus I'm not crazy about spending even more money just for NV..

Is this a decent deal? Any reason not to?

Thanks,

-X

like mentioned above your last post, the 14s are far superior to the 7Bs. You get the ability to mount to a weapon system and the depth perception is far greater. Now if you intend on having them just to have them, then by all means purchase em. But if you are planning on using them to "work" in the darkness, the 14s would be a better choice. By the way have you ever walked around in uneven terrain with all kinds of shit in your way at night using NVGs? Not trying to sound rude or smart assed, but the depth perception is one big factor to you not bustin your ass at night

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like mentioned above your last post, the 14s are far superior to the 7Bs. You get the ability to mount to a weapon system and the depth perception is far greater. Now if you intend on having them just to have them, then by all means purchase em. But if you are planning on using them to "work" in the darkness, the 14s would be a better choice. By the way have you ever walked around in uneven terrain with all kinds of shit in your way at night using NVGs? Not trying to sound rude or smart assed, but the depth perception is one big factor to you not bustin your ass at night </div></div>

No worries, we're not children. I actually did go out for a while and walk around with them. The depth perception thing was a bit off, mainly with close objects but I didn't struggle too much. Biggest downside I saw was that I would have to get or make a laser for aiming for sure.

So this isn't a bad deal?

-X

The deal I couldnt comment on.

I know they can be used in conjunction with our M4's
Ill set one up and take a picture of it tomarrow if you want.

A PEQ-2 or PEQ-15 would be a nice addition....but those are a nice chunk of change also.

You dont NEED a laser....And on a precision rifle, I dont see the point of it.

I agree with the others, hold out for a pair of 14's. I know its beating a dead horse but they are a thousand times better, I promise. Try not only walking, but walking with a purpore if you get my drift. Even if you plan on useing them only when shooting, you will not be able to shoot from a "Normal" position. Your weapon will be far below its normal resting place, and far less accurate. To each their own but in my opinion it is not worth it to waste money on a far insuperior piece of equipment.