• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some input!!!!

gravytrain61

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2013
South Hutchinson KS
So I have a Remington 5r ss milspec. It is currently bone stock. I want to be able to have a detachable mag; so my question is........ what all is needed to make my gun have the capability to take detachable mags? Thanks for the help!

Badger sells a kit for it if your looking for high end. think its around $400 on midway. There's plenty of other kits on the market for cheaper depending on your budget.

You can have your stock inletted for any of them. If you don't want to inlet PT&G makes a kit that uses AI AE MKI mags that drops in. I actually prefer the AE MKI mags over the AICS. They don't have the plate in the front so they allow for longer OAL and they feed a little smoother.

I can't seem to find one of these anywhere. I see one that is NOT drop in. Can you direct me to a link?

You can have your stock inletted for any of them. If you don't want to inlet PT&G makes a kit that uses AI AE MKI mags that drops in. I actually prefer the AE MKI mags over the AICS. They don't have the plate in the front so they allow for longer OAL and they feed a little smoother.

That should be just the bottom metal, no mag. They sell it was a combo with a mag too for a little north of $140. They also sell the mags alone for $70 and change. The MKI mag are 5 round single stack.