• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some load data

JonLSU

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I just picked up a box of hornady amax 75 grain 223s. I wanted to shoot them using Accurate 2230 powder in a 1 in 7 twist barrel. Anyone have the low and max pressure load data?

I also have some varget laying around if anyone prefers using that over the 2230 and has a load for it.

Will be using Speer brass.

Re: Need some load data

The data I have used on loading a couple small batches of the 75gr. A-MAX bullets are:

Bullet: 75gr. Hornady A-MAX
Case: Remington
Powder: Varget
Powder Charge:23.0gr
Primer: Fed. 205M
OAL: 2.390"

*The 23.0gr. charge is in the middle of the high and low end charge, I just havnt worked it up yet.

Bullet: 75gr. Hornady A-MAX
Case: Hornady
Powder: BL-C(2)
Powder Charge: 24.0gr.
Primer: Wolf Magnum (substitute for CCI#400 also)
OAL: 2.388"

<span style="font-weight: bold">Get your hands on the Hornady Load Book, It has plenty of data for the A-MAX bullet.</span>

Re: Need some load data

I plan on getting one, I just live about 80 miles from a store that has it. Looking for a quick place to start for now.

Also just realized that these are gonna be too long for an AR mag so their a no go for me.