• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some measurements from a 10/22 hogue overmold stock

346ci

FJB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2010
    NC
    I need to change up my 10/22 sbr. Thought of a hogue OM and use a 10" bbl. Has anyone tried this combo without having to cut the stock's end? Or can someone measure their OM stock from receiver face to the end of the stock?

Thanks

If you mean from the very front outside of the receiver, the Houge overmolded stock is 10 1/4 inches long. From the inside front of the receiver it is roughly 11 inches. Your 10”barrel will not clear the rubber stock in my opinion. With the factory 16 inch barrel, the barrel extends 5 1/8”.

Reactions: 346ci
    I need to change up my 10/22 sbr. Thought of a hogue OM and use a 10" bbl. Has anyone tried this combo without having to cut the stock's end? Or can someone measure their OM stock from receiver face to the end of the stock?

Thanks
    I have this stock on my 10/22...

Measuring from the front face of the receiver, where the barrel seats against the outside, you have 10.25" forward to clear the fore-end.

By my measurements, from the chamber to the end of the fore-end, you'll need an 11.25" barrel to fully clear the end of the Hogue Overmold stock.

Great thanks guys
    There is hope. The length from the front of the receiver /stock cutout to the tip of top edge of the stock on the Hogue Overmold Tactical model is only 8 1/4" ( 9 1/4" to the very tip of the stock on the bottom edge). A 10" barrel would easily clear with near 2" to spare. I have both style Hogue Overmold stocks and Like them both. While I don't consider myself a "Tacti cool" fan, I do find the ergonomics and versatility of the Tactical stock are excellent! It's light, stiff and it has the same tacky feel. I think it might even point better and faster than the standard model.
    20211016_093729.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks
    If you need one, I've got one you can have for the cost of the ride.

There is hope. The length from the front of the receiver /stock cutout to the tip of top edge of the stock on the Hogue Overmold Tactical model is only 8 1/4" ( 9 1/4" to the very tip of the stock on the bottom edge). A 10" barrel would easily clear with near 2" to spare. I have both style Hogue Overmold stocks and Like them both. While I don't consider myself a "Tacti cool" fan, I do find the ergonomics and versatility of the Tactical stock are excellent! It's light, stiff and it has the same tacky feel. I think it might even point better and faster than the standard model.
    That looks cool, may have to get one and try it. (y)